Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

sb400 + D50 = uneven shots

18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rubenmv Registered since 24th Feb 2007
Wed 30-May-07 04:25 AM

Hi all:

I've been playing for a few months now with a SB400 on my D50. I bought that flash unit and a 50mm/1.8 lens on my last trip to NYC.

Back then, I immediately tried them both, and was really difficult to get good pictures for a while. I've always used midrange, slow zooms and having lots of light with such a clear lens just got me off-balance; lots and lots of over (and under) exposed shots.

So i went ahead and started using them separately, and it got a bit better. the photos with the 50mm are ok ( mostly, the very shallow depth wide open sometimes is a challenge) but with the flash I'm not doing ok.

First of all, I only can get semi-consistent exposures in full auto mode. If I go to A or S modes, then from one shot to another, things go bad, really under or totally blown. Maybe my flash unit is faulty?

With the pop-up flash, shots would _always_ be right, no matter what, always dead-on exposure on any mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Reply message RE: sb400 + D50 = uneven shots