nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #158
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone here switching to D200?" Previous topic | Next topic
MINGZNIKONIAN Registered since 28th Oct 2005Tue 01-Nov-05 05:04 PM
437 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anyone here switching to D200?"

Regina, CA

I am just wondering, anyone from the D50 camp doing the switch? $1699usd seem like a good price, but for me, my D50 will have to stick around a bit longer, at least until I finish my collection of new lens~

MINGZCAN

http://www.pbase.com/mingzcan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Anyone here switching to D200?
sharkpod
01st Nov 2005
Curtisj2 Silver Member
01st Nov 2005
MINGZNIKONIAN
01st Nov 2005
Shred
01st Nov 2005
skiboarder72
02nd Nov 2005
paizhao
01st Nov 2005
Drewhound
02nd Nov 2005
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography
02nd Nov 2005
myzenthing
09th Nov 2005
Aleks
10th Nov 2005

sharkpod Basic MemberTue 01-Nov-05 05:20 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

I have to move up to the d200. I find the D50 to be fabulous but the sensitivity of the camera can't keep up to the wildlife (moving fast) that I am trying to photograph. Flying ducks, for instance, I am able to keep them in the frame as they fly by but my camera is having a hard time locking in on the moving subject (contin. mode). I end up getting a shutter that won't release when I want and lots of shots out of focus. The increased number of sensors (7/11) on the D200 should help. I am also in need of a DOF preview for the macro work. Also, the increase in the number of frames per sec. sounds good.

I'm sure I have left out some other features that the D200 has which I would like to have (mirror lockup), but I will allow others to contribute.

thx ... Bill

If a bear ... never mind, just take his picture!

Curtisj2 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Tue 01-Nov-05 05:23 PM
208 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 0

Minneapolis, US

I love the D50 but I lust after the D200. My bank book, however, will have to be satisfied with the new 18-200mm VR lens first. I am hoping that the performance of this new lens will allow me to sell my 18-70mm and 55-200mm lenses to lighten up the camera bag...

Curtis

MINGZNIKONIAN Registered since 28th Oct 2005Tue 01-Nov-05 05:28 PM
437 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 2

Regina, CA

Just finish reading Phil Ashley review on the D200. He compare the D200 to 5D, what a great value D200 is!!!! 2149CAD vs 4299CAD... FF is going down baby!!

And the new kit lens for D200, it said "VR II system offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed 4 stops faster"

Isn't the old VR 3 stop faster only, I can see nikon with more lens to come, oh yeah!!!

MINGZCAN

http://www.pbase.com/mingzcan

Shred Registered since 28th Oct 2005Tue 01-Nov-05 07:14 PM
193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 3

FI

D200 is very intriguing camera but currently i really don't need anything better than D50,
besides there are some lenses to buy..and money is always an issue...

skiboarder72 Registered since 28th Oct 2005Wed 02-Nov-05 01:10 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 4

Rochester, US

>D200 is very intriguing camera but currently i really don't
>need anything better than D50,
>besides there are some lenses to buy..and money is always an
>issue...

Same here... the D50 is plenty for my needs, i dont really see any sense in spending an extra 1000$

http://www.joshjonesphoto.com/

paizhao Basic MemberTue 01-Nov-05 08:01 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

I would certainly love to upgrade to a D200 but I can't justify spending more money replacing a camera I bought in July, especially when my photography generates zero income. I'll save my money for a new lens (maybe the new 18-200) and a SB-800 speedlight.

--
Ed

--
Ed
http://paizhao.everythingec.com

Drewhound Registered since 01st Mar 2007Wed 02-Nov-05 02:34 AM
121 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 5

My money, when I can prise it out of her purse, is going on better lens. Not that I wouldn't love the 200 but .............

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Wed 02-Nov-05 02:51 AM
9869 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 7

Memphis, US

I've played around with the D50 and it feels very much like my old N80 solid. I also heard the picture quality out of the camera is outstanding. I think the viewfinder is great for the price. That all said I planned on a D50 in two weeks and darn if the D200 doesn't come out and cause that lust. But even its great price is more than what I want or can afford. I am glad to hear the D50 guys staying. I felt it was a better deal for the money than the D70s since for me it would be a snap shot camera since I put alot of chromes and B&W through my FM3a and EM. Any thoughts on the D50 guys.

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

myzenthing Registered since 07th Nov 2005Wed 09-Nov-05 03:22 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

I'd love a D200 of course. But having just ponied up for the D50 and still enjoying the D50, I don't plan on any new bodies for a while.

But I am definitely gonna pick up the 18-200 lens when it comes out.

Aleks Registered since 29th Oct 2005Thu 10-Nov-05 12:41 AM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Anyone here switching to D200?"
In response to Reply # 9

Calgary, CA

I'll try and get good with the D50 first, and then consider moving up;.....Digital cameras are like computers anyhow, you are never on top of the technology....If I wait, there will be something better out by the time I want to move up!

D80 | MB-D80 Grip | Nikkor 50mm f1.8D | Nikkor 85mm f1.8D | Nikkor 18-70mm f 3.5/4.6G ED | Nikkor 70-300mm f 4/5.6G ED | Tamron 90mm f 2.8 Macro | Nikon SB-600

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #158 Previous topic | Next topic