nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #15163
View in linear mode

Subject: "D40 - Nikkor Lens Registration Question" Previous topic | Next topic
TNWoody Registered since 21st Feb 2007Wed 21-Feb-07 07:57 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D40 - Nikkor Lens Registration Question"

US

Hi everybody,

Novice here for 1st time.

Just got D40 kit with 18-55 mm Nikkor lens from B&H.

I was able to register online the camera serial # thru www.prodregister.com/nikon.

However the B&H package contained a 5 year warranty card for the lens with no mention of online registration. I would rather register the lens serial # online rather than by use of the card.

Can this be done? or must I use the card thru mail.

Thanks very much!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HVAC GUY Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2006Wed 21-Feb-07 11:00 PM
1203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D40 - Nikkor Lens Registration Question"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hello, I have always mailed the card for the extended lens warranty, believe that's the only option available.

Barry

If it isn't a Nikon, it's just another camera

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Thu 22-Feb-07 01:47 AM
26897 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: D40 - Nikkor Lens Registration Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

If you are careful to keep your *ORIGINAL* receipts, you probably won't need the registration at all.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

hwdx347 Basic MemberThu 22-Feb-07 02:47 AM
6273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D40 - Nikkor Lens Registration Question"
In response to Reply # 2

Maumelle, US

Brian is correct. You can register the lens on line just as you did with the body. Be sure to keep your invoices.

Hedley
Originally from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales -- now in Arkansas

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #15163 Previous topic | Next topic