Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #151
View in linear mode

Subject: "iPhoto and D50" Previous topic | Next topic
Curtisj2 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 31-Oct-05 11:44 PM
203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"iPhoto and D50"

Minneapolis, US

Good news for Mac users! Upgrading to the latest version of the Mac OS (10.4.3) allows importing of D50 raw files into iPhoto. Editing them will turn them into JPEGs however you will be able to revert to the RAW file if needed.

Preview will now also open RAW files.

Curtis

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: iPhoto and D50
baggss11
02nd Nov 2005
Travjohn Silver Member
07th Nov 2005
mark_baker
11th Nov 2005
Curtisj2 Silver Member
12th Nov 2005
emxgarcia
14th Nov 2005
emxgarcia
14th Nov 2005

baggss11 Registered since 29th Oct 2005Wed 02-Nov-05 02:39 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: iPhoto and D50"
In response to Reply # 0

Ventura, US

Thanks for the tip. I've been considering playing with RAW and didn't even know there was an iPhoto issue! Glad to hear it's been fixed!

Cheers!

New Nikon D50 owner

Travjohn Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Nov 2005Mon 07-Nov-05 02:46 AM
614 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: iPhoto and D50"
In response to Reply # 0

Boone, NC, US

A big thank you for posting this tip. I have been trying to import RAW files into iPhoto with no success. Apple's web site listed the D70 as a supported camera, but not the D50. But after I downloaded and installed 10.4.3, it worked fine. Thanks again.

PS -- I wonder how many Mac users there are among the Nikonians.

"One should photograph objects not only for what they are but for what else they are." -- Minor White

mark_baker Registered since 09th Nov 2005Fri 11-Nov-05 09:55 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: iPhoto and D50"
In response to Reply # 0

Southampton, GB

That's good to know. However, I find iPhoto to get unusably slow once you get above a few hundred photos, as it loads in every photo simultaneously. Not only is it slow, but the whole computer becomes unresponsive, which is quite unusual in OSX.

Curtisj2 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 12-Nov-05 02:49 AM
203 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: iPhoto and D50"
In response to Reply # 3

Minneapolis, US

I have more than 1000 pictures in iphoto with no real response issues (I am running a dual 1 GHZ G4 with 1.5 GB RAM). Performance will improve if you have adequate RAM (ie. more than 512mb)... you might also want to get a program to run the Cron utilities to make sure your system is performing up to speed.... I'd also suggest you use Activity monitor to see if some stray background process is casuing your problems....

Curtis

emxgarcia Registered since 14th Nov 2005Mon 14-Nov-05 11:57 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: iPhoto and D50"
In response to Reply # 3

Santiago, DO

>That's good to know. However, I find iPhoto to get unusably
>slow once you get above a few hundred photos, as it loads in
>every photo simultaneously. Not only is it slow, but the
>whole computer becomes unresponsive, which is quite unusual
>in OSX.

Sounds like you are on iPhoto 4.
iPhoto 5 is noticieably quicker than before.

emxgarcia

emxgarcia Registered since 14th Nov 2005Mon 14-Nov-05 11:55 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: iPhoto and D50"
In response to Reply # 0

Santiago, DO

Now that the Mac theme has sprung up.. how about comments or reviews of Apple's new Aperture app?

emxgarcia

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #151 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.