Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #14841
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where To Buy: D50!" Previous topic | Next topic
ryanP Registered since 09th Feb 2007Sat 10-Feb-07 05:56 PM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Where To Buy: D50!"

Hello everyone, I've been seaching the web for quite some time now, looking for a place to buy a D50. There are two websites; B&H Photo and Cameta Camera. Can anyone tell me which is better. Do either of them try to "screw you over"?
That sounds weird, but sending a company $600 online gets pretty nerve-racking.
At either of the places, do people call over and over, asking for you to buy more stuff? Is their customer service alright?
Thanks for the help in advance!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Where To Buy: D50!
Robert Dwiggins
10th Feb 2007
Craig Morris
10th Feb 2007
bzalforno
10th Feb 2007
ryanP
11th Feb 2007
bzalforno
11th Feb 2007
JoelT
11th Feb 2007
jnuss
11th Feb 2007

Robert Dwiggins Registered since 15th Apr 2006Sat 10-Feb-07 06:56 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Where To Buy: D50!"
In response to Reply # 0

>Hello everyone, I've been seaching the web for quite some
>time now, looking for a place to buy a D50. There are two
>websites; B&H Photo and Cameta Camera. Can anyone tell me
>which is better. Do either of them try to "screw you over"?
>That sounds weird, but sending a company $600 online gets
>pretty nerve-racking, especially since this is my second
>time.
>At either of the places, do people call over and over? Is
>their customer service alright?
>Thanks for the help in advance!

I have ordered from B&H several times in the past, and their service has always been excellent. I told one of my cousins about B&H, and she has also been well-satisfied.

Regards,

Bob

Craig Morris Registered since 10th Sep 2006Sat 10-Feb-07 07:20 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Where To Buy: D50!"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

I order from B&H all the time. Great sevice and prices.
I don't even live in that country and it's still cheaper for me to buy from them.

bzalforno Registered since 07th Feb 2007Sat 10-Feb-07 10:40 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Where To Buy: D50!"
In response to Reply # 0

deep river, US

i was in B&H tuesday. bought D50 body for 450.00. added a 1gb kingston card, tiffen basic uv filter, extra EL3, non nikon battery for 525.00 out the door INCLUDING 8.25% NYC tax. great service and no high pressure.
they are my supplier now!

ryanP Registered since 09th Feb 2007Sun 11-Feb-07 12:53 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Where To Buy: D50!"
In response to Reply # 3

So you got the same price for the D50-$450! So, I'm not crazy! I was thinking that it might of been an error, or just sneaky business.
I guess I'm lucky, because buying online at B&H Photo, I wont have to pay the tax. I dont know why they do that, but on the website, it says they only charge in places going to or from New York.
So, do you like the D50?

bzalforno Registered since 07th Feb 2007Sun 11-Feb-07 04:36 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Where To Buy: D50!"
In response to Reply # 4

deep river, US

very cool. a longer learning curve than film f2a, but i ordered a video.
BUT NAS has struck! d200's are dropping in price. now 1249

i can rationalize the extra 799 by being able to use my older nikkor lenses that will meter with the d200. how's that for rationalization?

JoelT Basic MemberSun 11-Feb-07 05:28 PM
281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Where To Buy: D50!"
In response to Reply # 5

US

I've had great experiences with both B&H and KEH.com

jnuss Registered since 17th Dec 2006Sun 11-Feb-07 07:55 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Where To Buy: D50!"
In response to Reply # 6

Palm Harbor, US

I've ordered over a $1000 of camera equipment from B&H (including a D50) and have never been disappointed. You might also check out Adorama and Sigma4less.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #14841 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.