Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1421
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 price too good to be true?" Previous topic | Next topic
sara marriott Registered since 19th Dec 2005Mon 26-Dec-05 03:58 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"D50 price too good to be true?"

Darrow, US

I was looking up and comparing prices for the D50 and found this site: http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=227514&display=2

It has the D50 body for $369, brand new with warranty. I am going to call them tomorrow to see why it is so cheap..I am thinking perhaps it is the body and only the body. No memory card, no charger, no nothing! lol...
Has anyone had an experience with Best Price Cameras?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D50 price too good to be true?
sara marriott
26th Dec 2005
avm247 Moderator
26th Dec 2005
espuna
26th Dec 2005
kodak_jack
27th Dec 2005
avm247 Moderator
27th Dec 2005
kodak_jack
26th Dec 2005
sara marriott
26th Dec 2005
K1W1
26th Dec 2005
sara marriott
27th Dec 2005

sara marriott Registered since 19th Dec 2005Mon 26-Dec-05 04:22 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 0

Darrow, US

Whew! NEVERMIND!!! I found a site with reviews on this store and OMG it is horrible!! I think I will pay the extra $100-$200 from a reputable seller..glad I did my homework first!! LOL

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 26-Dec-05 04:40 AM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 1

Rancho Cordova, US

Sara, I've seen quite a few people asking about that website. BAD NEWS! Glad you did you research!

Remember, if it is too good to be true...

Always check www.resellerratings.com

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
"Eliminate the unnecessary and focus on the substance." (Tommy Ramone of the Ramones)

Anthony

The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

espuna Registered since 07th Dec 2005Mon 26-Dec-05 09:48 AM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 2

Mazarrón, ES

This website makes interesting reading regarding Brooklyn camera stores:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

kodak_jack Registered since 15th Dec 2005Tue 27-Dec-05 01:42 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 3

Hilton (Rochester), US

I posted a simple response to the original post. I see no reason for it to be edited. What gives?!!!!!!! Is this site monitored by BIG BROTHER?

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberTue 27-Dec-05 04:40 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 8

Rancho Cordova, US

An email has been sent to your registed email address.

Anthony

"Eliminate the unnecessary and focus on the substance." (Tommy Ramone of the Ramones)

Anthony

The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

kodak_jack Registered since 15th Dec 2005Mon 26-Dec-05 12:31 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hilton (Rochester), US

As previously posted, mine came with the 28 to 80 lens, warranty, etc. for $604 from Beach Camera. The 3 day shipping was only $7 more, AND, no taxes either!

sara marriott Registered since 19th Dec 2005Mon 26-Dec-05 03:29 PM
#5. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 4

Darrow, US

I finally did it. After reading all of the good reviews on Beach Camera, I went with them. $639 for the D50 with 18-55mm lens and FREE shipping! I cant wait until it gets here!!

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Mon 26-Dec-05 09:02 PM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 5

Melbourne, AU

Congratulations.
I assume that you have some SD cards or that you have purchased one with the camera - no cards come with DSLR's.

sara marriott Registered since 19th Dec 2005Tue 27-Dec-05 02:43 AM
#7. "RE: D50 price too good to be true?"
In response to Reply # 6

Darrow, US

Yep, already got the card! :-D

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1421 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.