Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1406
View in linear mode

Subject: "Recommended sharpness settings" Previous topic | Next topic
D50Vette Registered since 08th Dec 2005Fri 23-Dec-05 11:17 AM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Recommended sharpness settings"

Highland, US

I wonder if anyone has tested to see what settings are best for no post-processing.

Family snaps and what not that I take will not need to be post-processed, so I am looking for the best sharpness level straight from the camera for these type pics. I did some testing last night, and it seems that sharpness "auto" yielded the best results, but I was shooting handheld, no tripod. Anyone else have any sharpness input?

Also, if I should post-process a already "camera sharpened" image, will there be any ill effects?

Thanks.

I'm into cars too...see my ride, and friend's rides at my site... www.n2ovette.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

alembicbassman Registered since 30th Oct 2004Fri 23-Dec-05 01:18 PM
1331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Recommended sharpness settings"
In response to Reply # 0

The North, GB

I cranked up the sharpening on my D70, I just preferred it that way.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1406 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.