nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1325
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 not reaching 2.5 fps..." Previous topic | Next topic
albano Registered since 12th Nov 2005Tue 20-Dec-05 04:32 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 not reaching 2.5 fps..."

Buenos Aires, AR

Hi gang,
I tested my D50, and in RAW, it reaches a fast burst rate (maybe 2 or 2.5 fps), but the buffer fulls fastly.
In JPG Fine, it no way reaches it, it's around 1.5 or 1 fps, very noticebly slower. I'm using manual focus and exposure, as done by dpreview.com. The buffer never fills up, so it's not the buffer.
The card is a 80x Transcend 512mb SD
Any idea?

Albano García
Design & Photography
www.albanogarcia.com.ar
www.flaneur.com.ar

Albano García
Design & Photography
www.albanogarcia.com.ar
www.flaneur.com.ar
www.ciclopefoto.blogspot.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

albano Registered since 12th Nov 2005Tue 20-Dec-05 05:09 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 not reaching 2.5 fps..."
In response to Reply # 0

Buenos Aires, AR

Hi,
me again. I got the solution myself. I had noise reduction turned on, and it seems, even when only being used in long exposures, it makes the lag in JPG larger at all shutter speeds (I was at 1/500). Turning it off gave an excellent jpg burst.
Regards

Albano García
Design & Photography
www.albanogarcia.com.ar
www.flaneur.com.ar

Albano García
Design & Photography
www.albanogarcia.com.ar
www.flaneur.com.ar
www.ciclopefoto.blogspot.com

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Tue 20-Dec-05 11:29 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D50 not reaching 2.5 fps..."
In response to Reply # 1

UK

I don't know why noise reduction affects the camera at higher shutter speeds when it is only used at slower speeds, but it does. It's daft, really.

lucas2840 Registered since 11th Mar 2004Wed 21-Dec-05 05:37 AM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: D50 not reaching 2.5 fps..."
In response to Reply # 2

Omaha, US

Oh Yes! Thank you! I noticed the same thing too when I got my D50, it said up to 2.5 frames a second which should have matched my N80, but the burst rate wasn't nearly as fast. Turned off the noise reduction and sure enough, it shoots a lot faster now! Funny how that can effect the burst rate at high speeds when its only suppose to come on at times slower than 1 second.

D50
24-120mm VR ED Lens
80-200mm f/2.8 2 touch
18-70mm DX ED Lens
60mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor
SB-600 x 2/SU-800/SB-800

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1325 Previous topic | Next topic