Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1318
View in linear mode

Subject: "Best UK deals on D50" Previous topic | Next topic
alembicbassman Registered since 30th Oct 2004Tue 20-Dec-05 12:06 AM
1331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Best UK deals on D50"

The North, GB

Hoping for a post Christmas deal on a D50.

Current UK cheapest price is £375 for the body. Nikon is offering a voucher book (which is almost useless)until Dec 31 . Here's hoping they offer a £50 cashback in 2006. That'll make the camera £325 and I'll probably buy one.

Even the High St stores are selling it at £399.

Have my 18-35 AF-D, which is infinitely better than the 18-55 kit lens, so would seriously consider getting a D50 body at the sub £350 mark.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Best UK deals on D50
avm247 Moderator
22nd Dec 2005
soupdragon
22nd Dec 2005
espuna
22nd Dec 2005
soupdragon
22nd Dec 2005
alembicbassman
23rd Dec 2005
aderixon
23rd Dec 2005

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberThu 22-Dec-05 06:20 AM
18153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Best UK deals on D50"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Thanks for the tip, Brian.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
"Eliminate the unnecessary and focus on the substance." (Tommy Ramone of the Ramones)

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

soupdragon Basic MemberThu 22-Dec-05 06:37 AM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Best UK deals on D50"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't think the kit lens I got with mine is bad at all.
In fact it appears to be able to out resolve the sensor at all focal lengths (unless I just got a good one).
That said, they will probably be giving them away in petrol stations soon if the prices keep falling.
Mine is still within the jessops "return for any reason" 28 day period and already the prices have dropped.
I might just take it back then buy another just to get some money back.

espuna Registered since 07th Dec 2005Thu 22-Dec-05 10:38 AM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Best UK deals on D50"
In response to Reply # 2

Mazarrón, ES

I think it's similar to razors and printers - the money is made on selling the blades, cartridges, etc. Get a D50 at a loss-leader price, and you'll be buying lenses, flashes, etc., etc. Then in time upgrading to a D200 because of the money you've invested in Nikon accessories

soupdragon Basic MemberThu 22-Dec-05 02:52 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Best UK deals on D50"
In response to Reply # 3

Too true.

alembicbassman Registered since 30th Oct 2004Fri 23-Dec-05 12:32 AM
1331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Best UK deals on D50"
In response to Reply # 4

The North, GB

Luckily all my Nikkors will work on the D50 including my 45mm P manual focus lens.

I want to keep my F80 and have just sold my D70 18-70 kit for £620 so to get a D50 for £350 would make me happy.

aderixon Registered since 09th Jun 2002Fri 23-Dec-05 07:42 AM
392 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Best UK deals on D50"
In response to Reply # 5

Manchester, GB

Trying to decide between the D50 and D70 (and D200 ) myself. Curious as to why you sold the "better" one of the two in favour of the other?

Cheers,
Ade_
/
--
Big Bubbles (no troubles)
Gallery
"Looks are not important, I want a photograph!"
- GSOH, Mansun

--
Big Bubbles (no troubles)
Gallery
"Looks are not important, I want a photograph!"
- GSOH, Mansun

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1318 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.