Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1296
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D50 Battery Charger" Previous topic | Next topic
BuzzedHornet Registered since 18th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 06:39 AM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D50 Battery Charger"

US

I just found this site today. This reminds me of the first few days on the internet when you are overwhelmed with so much information that the hours just slip by as you read and read! What a great site.

I have done a search and didn't find any info on this. But I am a newbie so please forgive me if this is a basic question.

Here is my question:

I put the charger on a night stand last night and this morning it had stripped the paint off completely down to the wood and it seemed to have a gooey kind of stuff all over the bottom of it. I have seen the recall on the battery, but have there been any known issues with the charger? I hope it wasn't battery acid but it stripped the paint so perfectly I think it maybe. The battery itself is working fine and has no residue on it what so ever.

Could it just be that this charger gets hot enough to melt the paint off a night stand?

Anyone out there have any ideas? I have only had my D50 for a week and have only had to charge the battery 2 times so far.

The lot number of my EN-EL3a battery is M56TA. I do not see this lot number on the recall list.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob

Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR
Nikon TC14EII
Nikon SB800
Nikon SB600

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

espuna Registered since 07th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 09:16 AM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D50 Battery Charger"
In response to Reply # 0

Mazarrón, ES

The EN-EL3a is not affected by the recall - in fact people are being sent that, or the EL3e, as a replacement. The battery chargers in Europe sense the voltage automatically (although the support site says US battery chargers are different) so that shouldn't be a factor. Can only think the lacquer/finish on table had a very low melting point

BuzzedHornet Registered since 18th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 08:36 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D50 Battery Charger"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks. That is just what I thought.

Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR
Nikon TC14EII
Nikon SB800
Nikon SB600

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1296 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.