Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1291
View in linear mode

Subject: "A Newbie Question" Previous topic | Next topic
spud Registered since 14th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 02:03 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A Newbie Question"

Charlottetown, CA

Is there a setting anywhere in the menu (I haven't been able to find it) that will record the date automatically on every picture.
We take a lot of pictures of our grand daughter and like to have the dates on them to save confusion later on
I did find the setting if you want to print directly from the camera but we download to the computer, burn the ones we want to print onto a CD and take to local processor.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

soupdragon Basic MemberMon 19-Dec-05 04:42 AM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A Newbie Question"
In response to Reply # 0

My one automatically puts the date into the EXIF DATA.
I am fairly sure you can get the Nikon bundled software to display this info as well.
Also, when you preview the pictures, I think if you press the UP on the control wheel it displays it on the after the histogram screen.
I could be wrong though!

spud Registered since 14th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 04:59 PM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A Newbie Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Charlottetown, CA

Thanks, I know it comes out in the EXIF data but I'm wondering if there is a way for it to be printed directly on the picture itself if handled as a .jpeg

espuna Registered since 07th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 07:49 PM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A Newbie Question"
In response to Reply # 2

Mazarrón, ES

Haven't tried it, but:

http://www.braeburn.co.uk/jp.htm

spud Registered since 14th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 10:47 PM
#4. "RE: A Newbie Question"
In response to Reply # 3

Charlottetown, CA

Thanks espuna - this will do it for images printed at home but it doesn't put the date into the .jpg for processing at a photo lab.
Maybe it can't be done ????

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1291 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.