nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1286
View in linear mode

Subject: "I can't believe it!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
soupdragon Basic MemberSun 18-Dec-05 06:07 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I can't believe it!!!!"

I have owned my D50 for only a short time now and am really thrilled with it but.
I was in my local camera store and the assistant persuaded me to pick up a D200.
WOW!!! what a camera, I am now seriously contemplating going into debt for one.
Am I mad? will it improve my photography? will I be happier with it? is it worth the extra £1000?
Anyone else getting the desire for the D200?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Rickard_F Registered since 16th Dec 2005Sun 18-Dec-05 07:17 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I can't believe it!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Karlstad, SE

Well thats a very subjective question. Will it make you a better photographer? Probaly not. Do you need the extras on the D200? well only you can answer that. I am learning the ropes of DSLR with my D50 and will purchase the D200 for several different reasons this coming summer when I visit my family in the states. I will keep the D50 as a dedicated body to my indoor prime lens and use the D200 outdoors.

I would not recommend going into debt to buy a camera. Wait, save and buy it later when you have had time to think about it. Until then keep snapping and learning with the D50. That way you will appreciate the D200 even more.

/ Rick

-D2Hs Semper fidelis

John317 Registered since 13th Dec 2005Sun 18-Dec-05 09:12 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I can't believe it!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Redding, US

You guys on this board not only share knowledge but also wisdom. Good advice!

John317
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are

soupdragon Basic MemberMon 19-Dec-05 05:37 AM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I can't believe it!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the sanity check there.
My only comment is, once you have held/used the D200 I would be suprised if you ever pick your D50 up again.

Rickard_F Registered since 16th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 12:13 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I can't believe it!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Karlstad, SE

I bought my D50 about 3 monthes ago. I use it with a sigma EX DC HSM 30mm 1:1:4D and almost entirely for shooting three kids under the age of five. Candids and portraits. Light sensitivity is almost 8x that of the kit lens so I hardly ever use my SB 600. Pictures are sharp and with natural light. Selling the D50 is not an option because you get next to nothing for it. When I venture outdoors the D200 with its sealed seams, quick sets for ISO, WB and Image size plus the high torque AF is going to be very nice for me. The 30mm although a prime is not ideal for me outdoors. Therefore having the D50 with the prime always ready for those indoor shots of the kids will suit me perfectly. When I go outside the D200 with the 18-200 VR and 12-24 will be great. Plus the mrs can take shots of the kids at home when I am out shooting. Also I get the added bonus of already having two EN-EL3a batteries exchanged for two EN-EL3e that fit both the D50 and D200 (but not the other way around)Flashs and lenses work on both also.The WiFi and batterygrip for the D200 are nice bonuses also.

we are all different... I am not!! (life of brian, monthy python)

/ Rick

-D2Hs Semper fidelis

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1286 Previous topic | Next topic