Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1261
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sale on D50's" Previous topic | Next topic
hillie_o Registered since 16th Nov 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 09:12 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sale on D50's"

Campbell, US

Hello,

I'm buying my wife a D50 for the holiday season (I have an F100)
and I'm seeing prices at almost 50% of list ($369) on these cameras
as well as with kitted lenses (18-50mm plus 55-200mm) for $599. Is
there something that I should be wary of here??

Thx,

Oliver

Oliver

Nikon F100
Campbell, California

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Sale on D50's
edmun
16th Dec 2005
avm247 Moderator
16th Dec 2005
hillie_o
16th Dec 2005
kodak_jack
16th Dec 2005
draak ijveraar
17th Dec 2005
DanD50
19th Dec 2005
sodekirk
19th Dec 2005
BuzzedHornet
19th Dec 2005

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Fri 16-Dec-05 09:20 PM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 0

eugene, US

Absolutly nothing wrong with the price.

Except they will never sell it to you at that price.

ledmun

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberFri 16-Dec-05 09:38 PM
18357 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Don't buy on price alone. Purchase from a reputable company. See www.resellerratings.com.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
"Eliminate the unnecessary and focus on the substance." (Tommy Ramone of the Ramones)

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

hillie_o Registered since 16th Nov 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 10:17 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 2

Campbell, US

Hi Guys,

thanks for the info. After reading the horror stories, I'll
head back to the normal spots that I trust.

Cheers,

Oliver

Oliver

Nikon F100
Campbell, California

kodak_jack Registered since 15th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 11:39 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 0

Hilton (Rochester), US

My son works for a major chain store and his best employee price was $725. I bought mine grom Beach Camera for $604 with 28 to 80 lens. They've been around a long time. Another store I saw on the Internet had a box for your zip to figure shipping and handling. It only showed up as $1100 !!!!! I figured if their site was messed up, ...

draak ijveraar Registered since 14th Dec 2005Sat 17-Dec-05 03:47 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 0

Birmingham, US

www.digitalfotoclub.com is where i just got mine. i got the d-50 kit with the 18-55 and 55-200 nikkors for $811. the list price was much higher but when you added it to the cart you got the sale price. i felt better when they suspended the sale because the work number we listed did not match the number that was listed with the credit card. we updated our phone number with the credit card company and i have a new camera. i have been buying online for years and this is the first company that took the time to verify it was actually my card. if they carry the product i want they will be my first choice from now on.

caelum qui tueri

"Take that from a son of Molly Maguire!"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

DanD50 Registered since 22nd Nov 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 01:47 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 5

I purchased mine with the 18-55 lens new from buydig for $659 and it came with a free 256 card.

Dan

sodekirk Registered since 19th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 02:30 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

I was lured in by a deal that sounded too good to be true. It turned out it was.
infinitiphoto.com had the D50 with the 18-55mm lens for $489. With $22 shipping the total was only $511. Two days after placing the order a saleman called telling me he needed to verify my credit card information. After that, he tried to sell me a memory card for a really outrageously high price. When I told him I already had a memory card I would use, he told me I would need a battery. I told him I would just use the battery that came with the camera. He told me the camera didn't come with a battery. I told him that all of the kits from Nikon, including the body only, come with a battery. He told me it wasn't a kit. After that, I canceled my order. I can't figure out how they are selling the D50 without a battery.
I re-ordered the camera with the 18-55mm lens from butterflyphoto.com. Their price was $634. So far my experience has been better. It still took them a few days to ship, and they also called me and tried to sell me some expensive things I didn't want, but it looks like I'll have my D50 by tomorrow or the next day.
Now I'm expectantly awaiting the arrival of my D50.

Shawn

BuzzedHornet Registered since 18th Dec 2005Mon 19-Dec-05 09:11 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Sale on D50's"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Well I got lucky. I got the D50 Kit w/ 18-55mm lens. I bought it at Circuit City. Last weekend they had a “Friends and Family 10% discount”, the camera was tagged at $699.00 then they gave me $70.00 in CC Gift Cards and took the 10% off the tag price.

I used the gift cards to buy a 1 gig memory card that also gave me a gift card of $20.00 and I got the 10% off each purchase.

Net deal was $539.10 with a 1 gig card and free Epson R220 printer (after rebate).

I feel I got a great deal for buying from a brick and mortar and even walked out the door with it the same day. I do not think they were suppose to give discounts on top of discounts, but I wasn't going to stop the deal once he rang me up!

Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR
Nikon TC14EII
Nikon SB800
Nikon SB600

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1261 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.