Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1207
View in linear mode

Subject: "Burst mode" Previous topic | Next topic
notadrone77 Registered since 10th Dec 2005Wed 14-Dec-05 09:39 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Burst mode"

US

I recently purchased my first camera a nikon d50. i hope to grow into it. My question is as follows. How do I get the burst mode to work. After looking through my manual all I could find was to push in the burst button located to the front left of the camera and scroll till it goes for single to burst. After doing this I have tried to take a picure in burst mode and it does not work. I can see the burst icon on the screen. Can anybody tell what I am doing wrong. ]
Thanks a bunch Chris.

We must learn to reawaken ourselves and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aids but by an ifinite expectation of the dawn which cannot forsake us even in our soundest sleep. HDT

We must learn to reawaken ourselves and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aids but by an ifinite expectation of the dawn which cannot forsake us even in our soundest sleep. HDT

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Burst mode
Aleks
15th Dec 2005
Drewhound
15th Dec 2005
notadrone77
15th Dec 2005
Drewhound
15th Dec 2005
edmun
15th Dec 2005
tomcatuk
15th Dec 2005

Aleks Registered since 29th Oct 2005Thu 15-Dec-05 12:28 AM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Burst mode"
In response to Reply # 0

Calgary, CA

Are you holding the shutter release button down, or just pressing it once....aslong as you have the burst mode icon on the screen, you should have no problem doing it, it will take pictures continuously as long as the button is depressed.

D80 | MB-D80 Grip | Nikkor 50mm f1.8D | Nikkor 85mm f1.8D | Nikkor 18-70mm f 3.5/4.6G ED | Nikkor 70-300mm f 4/5.6G ED | Tamron 90mm f 2.8 Macro | Nikon SB-600

Drewhound Registered since 01st Mar 2007Thu 15-Dec-05 12:34 AM
121 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Burst mode"
In response to Reply # 0

The camera will only fire if it get a focus lock so the first thing to do is put it on manual focus and try that. It should fire a burst. If it doesn't I think you have a camera problem. btw are you sure you're getting the burst mode on the lcd? It's easy to scroll past it back into single mode

If it does that I think the camera isn't getting the focus locked, it won't fire without the lock even in AF-C mode. (It won't fire a burst in flash mode)

notadrone77 Registered since 10th Dec 2005Thu 15-Dec-05 02:28 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Burst mode"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thank you for your assistance. I tried it in manual and it worked. I guess I am still a little confussed though.
Is It only possible to use burst in manual mode/without flash?
Can you use it in auto mode with natural light?
Thanks cHris

Drewhound Registered since 01st Mar 2007Thu 15-Dec-05 03:54 AM
121 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Burst mode"
In response to Reply # 3

I've probably confused you. It won't work with the flash because the flash needs time to recharge, it will work with any other setting

Unless you start to play with the AE-L/AF-L button the camera will only fire when the camera locks the focus in AF mode. Asking you to try it in manual focus was just to make sure it wasn't a camera fault

Try it in AF-S, that's the single focus mode, it should fire a burst as long as you keep the shutter button depressed with every shot focused as the first. In AF-C it will fire the first and then keep going if it gets another focus lock. The speed of this depends on the lens and amount of available light so practice in good light to begin with

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Thu 15-Dec-05 04:47 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Burst mode"
In response to Reply # 4

eugene, US

If you have a SB 600 or SB 800 it will fire in burst mode.

ledmun

tomcatuk Registered since 02nd Nov 2005Thu 15-Dec-05 08:16 PM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Burst mode"
In response to Reply # 5

GB

Hold the 'burst' or what they refer to in the manual shooting mode button down, and then rotate the command dial, look in the lcd display and you will see it change from a single small square to 3 overlapping ones, you are now in burst mode.

Regards Steve (D50)

Regards Steve (D80)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1207 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.