Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D50 and sports images

20 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
WashingtonBob Basic Member
Mon 31-Oct-05 02:47 PM

Hi Everybody,
I would like to purchase a Nikon D50 and use it along with my Nikon 70-300ED lens to shoot some high school soccer matches next spring. Has anybody had any experience using the D50 to shoot fast moving sports yet. The digital advantage of +1.5 to the focal length of this Nikon zoom will be most helpful for sure but I am a bit concerned that the autofocus may not be fast enough. I am just shooting for family photos but would like to have a good chance to get some keepers. I have considerable experience shooting sports with my Nikon film cameras but this would be my first time with digital slr. I rarely use motordrive for lots of frames and prefer to shoot single shot style so I think the D50's frame rate should be just fine. Any sports shooters using the D50 please add your thoughts...I am looking forward to the digital experience.
Thanks all,