Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1144
View in linear mode

Subject: "wide angle" Previous topic | Next topic
jayswift Registered since 02nd Dec 2005Tue 13-Dec-05 01:49 AM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"wide angle"

yonkers, US

jayswift

hi all i am new with
the dslr world i just bought a d50
and i love it now that im geting good with shooting im trying to pick i good wide angle lens thats not alot of money mybe someone
can help me out.

d50
sb600
18/55
70/200
50mm

jayswift

Attachment #1, ( file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

lucas2840 Registered since 11th Mar 2004Tue 13-Dec-05 02:04 AM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: wide angle"
In response to Reply # 0

Omaha, US

Well, I just got my D50 last Friday, but I've been shooting digital for a while so hopefully my suggestion is usefull. You might consider the Tokina 12-24mm lens, it costs around $499 at B&H photo and from what I've read its suppose to be a very good lens. It's what I've got my eye on for a wide angle lens anyway.

D50
24-120mm VR ED Lens
80-200mm f/2.8 2 touch
18-70mm DX ED Lens
60mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor
SB-600 x 2/SU-800/SB-800

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberTue 13-Dec-05 03:48 AM
18527 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: wide angle"
In response to Reply # 1

Rancho Cordova, US

From the images I have seen with the Tokina 12-24, I think you will be very happy.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
"Eliminate the unnecessary and focus on the substance." (Tommy Ramone of the Ramones)

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

jayswift Registered since 02nd Dec 2005Tue 13-Dec-05 09:46 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: wide angle"
In response to Reply # 2

yonkers, US

jayswift

thanks for the info you are a good man
god bless i will look in to it . i will let you know how i make out i live in b&h. its 10 min from my house if you live in ny or if you visit its a must go to place its big vey big thay have it all 35.000
sq ft and soon it will be 70.000 sq ft two floors

thanks again

jayswift

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1144 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.