nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1132
View in linear mode

Subject: "Reading NEF in Irfanview" Previous topic | Next topic
fix eye Registered since 05th Nov 2005Mon 12-Dec-05 09:14 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Reading NEF in Irfanview"

Anyone uses Irfanview to browse their pics? Is there a plugin for reading NEF somewhere?

Thanks for the advise...

Jerome

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberThu 22-Dec-05 07:21 AM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Reading NEF in Irfanview"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Jerome, if nobody responds in the next day or so, I'll move this over to the Software forum.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
"Eliminate the unnecessary and focus on the substance." (Tommy Ramone of the Ramones)

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Paul_Fisher Gold Member Awarded for his multiple article contributions Charter MemberThu 22-Dec-05 09:45 AM
12790 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Reading NEF in Irfanview"
In response to Reply # 0

Perth, AU

Hi Jerome, I use Irfanview as my default file viewer. It does read NRF files, but it's a little bit slow. The plugins are available for download at http://www.irfanview.com/

Paul Fisher
Nikonian in Perth, Western Australia
My home page

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Thu 22-Dec-05 10:03 AM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "I've never had any success"
In response to Reply # 2

Melbourne, AU

I have Irfanview 3.97 with all the plug in's and I can't get it to open .NEF files. According to the Irfanview site .NEF is supported though.

EDIT:
I just figured out how to do it. You need to select "all files" as the file type when browsing for images to open otherwise .NEF's do not appear. Don't like the WB much though I think I will stick with viewing jpegs in Irfanview.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1132 Previous topic | Next topic