nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #11171
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stuff from the Manual" Previous topic | Next topic
Hampus Registered since 17th Sep 2006Fri 29-Sep-06 10:12 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Stuff from the Manual"

SE

On page III in the manual (Swedish). Freely translated to English:

* When using the viewfinder

If you turn the command dial while looking through the viewfinder, you must be careful not to stick your finger in your eye by mistake.

What?
Does anyone have that long thumbs?

" Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures." -Helmut Newton

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Stuff from the Manual
K1W1
29th Sep 2006
Hampus
29th Sep 2006
MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography
29th Sep 2006
K1W1
29th Sep 2006
Reply message Hey now...thats my quote..you go find your own ;)
Rickard_F
30th Sep 2006
KevC01973
30th Sep 2006
Hampus
30th Sep 2006
CatSplat
01st Oct 2006
britkev
02nd Oct 2006

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Fri 29-Sep-06 10:34 PM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 0

Melbourne, AU

You must have mistranslated.
They are talking about the Diopter adjustment directly beside the eyepiece not the command dial.

Hampus Registered since 17th Sep 2006Fri 29-Sep-06 10:38 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 1

SE

Nope, did not mistranslate. Diopter adjustment in Swedish i "diopterjustering". No mistranslation there. It's clear that they mean the command dial.

MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 11th Jan 2006Fri 29-Sep-06 10:58 PM
8582 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 2

Livermore, CA, US

The English manual has a similar warning except relating to the diopter adjustment.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
Please visit my Nikonians gallery

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

K1W1 Registered since 19th Nov 2005Fri 29-Sep-06 11:06 PM
979 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 2

Melbourne, AU

The English manual says,

"When operating the dipoter adjustment control with your eye to the viewfinder care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."

Mayge the translation from English in the manual is incorrect.

Rickard_F Registered since 16th Dec 2005Sat 30-Sep-06 01:16 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "Hey now...thats my quote..you go find your own ;)"
In response to Reply # 0

Karlstad, SE

I beleive only us swedes react to these kinds of legal disclaimers. in the land of "sue and get rich quickly" its just too common

"when operating the diopter adjustment control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidently"

-D2Hs Semper fidelis

KevC01973 Registered since 19th Sep 2006Sat 30-Sep-06 01:25 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 0

"If you turn the command dial while looking through the viewfinder, you must be careful not to stick your finger in your eye by mistake."

Perfect translation really, it has nothing to do with the diopter adjuster, it specifically mentions the command dial.

Look through the viewfinder with your left eye and tell me where your right eye is Wouldn't take a long thumb for that

Hampus Registered since 17th Sep 2006Sat 30-Sep-06 01:51 PM
#7. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 6

SE

True. Never thought of the "Left eyeds" Not about to test it though. It sais in the manual I shouldn't

CatSplat Registered since 18th Sep 2006Sun 01-Oct-06 12:44 AM
250 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 0

Calgary, CA

Good ol' Nikon, always looking out for us.

- Trevor Miles (a Calgary Nikonian)
www.osphoto.ca
"Kick reason to the curb! Who do you think we are?"

britkev Registered since 11th Sep 2004Mon 02-Oct-06 08:14 PM
305 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Stuff from the Manual"
In response to Reply # 8

Philadelphia, US

>Good ol' Nikon, always looking out for us.

more a case of Nikon's legal department looking after Nikon I think.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #11171 Previous topic | Next topic