nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1111
View in linear mode

Subject: "Vivitar 2800 speed light Compatibility" Previous topic | Next topic
CDNFF02 Registered since 11th Dec 2005Sun 11-Dec-05 09:47 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Vivitar 2800 speed light Compatibility"

Ladysmith, CA

Does any one Know if I am safe to use a Vivitar auto thyristor 2800 speedlight with my D50? the 2800 has a Trigger Voltage of 150 volts. The manual says nothing over 250V, But says nothing about what is acceptable. I think Nikon speed lights are in the 4-12 Volt range. Quite a bit lower than 150! Thanks in advance for "shedding some light on this" for me

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Mon 12-Dec-05 11:33 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Vivitar 2800 speed light Compatibility"
In response to Reply # 0

eugene, US

This is a double post -- I answered this on the other forum.

ledmun

CDNFF02 Registered since 11th Dec 2005Mon 12-Dec-05 05:14 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Vivitar 2800 speed light Compatibility"
In response to Reply # 1

Ladysmith, CA

Thank you, edmun, for the advice but I am still looking for more information. I still need to know what 150V will do to my camera! I am curious, if i was to take many shots, would it tend to heat up the camera circuits? As a Mechanic I know if you put 24V on something that is designed for 12 you get lots of heat.I dont really know much about Cameras and was hoping to find someone who does.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1111 Previous topic | Next topic