Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1078
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 FEE Error" Previous topic | Next topic
mcbad84 Registered since 11th Dec 2005Sun 11-Dec-05 12:31 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 FEE Error"

St . Heights, US

Hello,

Just purchased a D50 / 18-55 kit. When I attached my Nikon 300mm AF lense. I get an "FEE" error, checking the trouble shooting guide...the aperture ring is locked. AFter searching the net for this error code I came across a post that referred this error could be the micro switch.

My 300 lense auto focuses and shoots great with the micro switched held down.

Any thoughts to my FEE error even though the ring is locked. Any way around the micro switch or should I be trying to find a way to hold the
micro switch down.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Bill McHale

Regards,
Bill McHale

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Guitarmaniac Registered since 02nd Dec 2005Sun 11-Dec-05 02:12 AM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 FEE Error"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I had the same problem with my Sigma 75-300mm lens, I found by rotating the F-stop manually to 4.8 it cleared the error msg and worked fine after that.

Paul

mcbad84 Registered since 11th Dec 2005Sun 11-Dec-05 11:42 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D50 FEE Error"
In response to Reply # 1

St . Heights, US

No luck changing the aperture manually, error FEE at all settings using AF / M focus. No error when holding the micro switch down.

Regards,
Bill McHale

Regards,
Bill McHale

mcbad84 Registered since 11th Dec 2005Sun 11-Dec-05 08:43 PM
#4. "RE: D50 FEE Error"
In response to Reply # 2

St . Heights, US

The switch is that black plastic lever poking out on the bottom left edge of the lens mount just above the focus motor coupling.

Lense is a Nikon 300mm ed f4.

Thanks !

Regards,
Bill McHale

Regards,
Bill McHale

ultrafast Silver Member Charter MemberSun 11-Dec-05 08:33 PM
594 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D50 FEE Error"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

What version of the lens is this? None of the usual nikkor 300mm lenses are micro. Is this a sigma or tamron lens? What do you mean by the micro switch?

www.incandescent-earth.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #1078 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.