Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #10737
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your opinion please....." Previous topic | Next topic
RobfromTn Registered since 04th Sep 2006Fri 15-Sep-06 11:39 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Your opinion please....."

shiloh, US

What do you think of the Promaster 5750DX AF Flash for my Nikon D50 I only have the pop-up now Is this a bounce flash?....And second what Macro lens would be best for around 350-400 USD's? At the moment I'm looking at the 60mm or the 55mm f/2.8's by Nikon.I take a lot of close-up photo's for work "coins,buttons,etc." I've been using a JVC camcorder an a hp P&S up until I got my D50 with the kit 18mm-55mm and I also bought a 70mm-300mm Sigma.Any help would be most welcome.Thank you,Rob

Quanity of knowledge makes a better photo than quanity of equipment.....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Your opinion please.....
nipprdog
16th Sep 2006
edmun
16th Sep 2006
gryphon1911
16th Sep 2006
RobfromTn
17th Sep 2006
lambert13
17th Sep 2006

nipprdog Registered since 29th Oct 2005Sat 16-Sep-06 12:27 AM
200 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Your opinion please....."
In response to Reply # 0

US

>I only have the pop-up now Is this a bounce
>flash?

No.

spend a few more dollars and get the SB-600.

cameras and flash units work better together when they are made by the same company.

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Sat 16-Sep-06 02:29 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Your opinion please....."
In response to Reply # 1

eugene, US

What the man says.

The SB 600 is complicated enough and the Nikon manual is fairly clear.

If you want or need help here on Nikonias you will find that almost no one can help you in any way. Almost everyone here used either of the 2 Nikon flashes the SB 600 or SB 800.

The people who have bought Sigmas report some very strange gliches.

Trying to get another brand of flash to work on a Nikon can be s small nightmare.

ledmun

gryphon1911 Registered since 16th May 2006Sat 16-Sep-06 03:11 PM
450 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Your opinion please....."
In response to Reply # 0

US

Save yourself potenial problems(technical and compatibility) and spend the money and get an SB-600.

Andrew
D300, D50, N90s

http://www.bestlightphoto.net

RobfromTn Registered since 04th Sep 2006Sun 17-Sep-06 02:22 AM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Your opinion please....."
In response to Reply # 0

shiloh, US

Hi,I was asking if the Promaster was a bounce I dont know if I made that clear. but at any rate I do think I will save a bit more an get the sb600 to stay true to my "Nikon" equipment.I've since wished I would have bought a Nikon telephoto.Thanks for your ideas.,Rob

Quanity of knowledge makes a better photo than quanity of equipment.....

lambert13 Registered since 19th Apr 2006Sun 17-Sep-06 01:50 PM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Your opinion please....."
In response to Reply # 4

Schenectady, US

Keep an eye out for a used SB600 also. There is a "for sale" section on Nikonians, and some of the big online stores sell used equipment like B&H, Adorama, KEH, etc. In general I would avoid Ebay though unless you are buying from a reputable store on there that lists on Ebay as well as having an actual storefront.

Nikon D50
18-55 Kit Lens
50mm 1.8 AF
75-240 AF

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #10737 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.