nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D50 + filter + hood... dumb question

MasterDabber

Camberley, UK
3319 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MasterDabber Registered since 10th Dec 2005
Sat 10-Dec-05 04:32 PM

Please excuse what is probably a dumb question(s).. also not sure if I should be posting this on the D50 section but here goes.
I've just purchased (but not to be opened until Christmas) a D50 with the standard 18-55 lens kit.
I am considering adding some front of lens protection by getting a 52mm UV filter. Will I create any problems by doing this? My current intention is to keep the filter "permanently" on.

I am also considering getting a Hoya (or maybe a Hama) rubber multihood which I understand can be adjusted for wide angle, standard and telephoto settings. Will I have any problems with this? Is it right that I would have to remove the hood if using the internal flash?
In addition, there appears to be a question on whether the lens cap will then clip onto the lens with the hood attached?

Am I right in thinking that in this scenario the filter would screw to the lens, and then the hood screw to the filter? and not the other way around.

Sorry again for so many dumb questions ... great site btw.

Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D50 + filter + hood... dumb question