Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #88927
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!" Previous topic | Next topic
ShaunVFX Registered since 16th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 01:03 AM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"

San Francisco, US

Well guys,

I finally made my first 16x20 print... got it framed and matted and I must say I was a bit... well skeptical as to the quality... but after receiving it I now know my D70 loves me as much as I love her =P

I can't wait for my next 20x30 Lightjet print...oh and by the way, LightJet is the way to go, screw inkjet prints!

Here is the pic I printed.

HalfDome

PS. Shutterfly is a good place to use for hosting images and creating a blog for the cheap lol

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!
Nikonshots
16th Dec 2005
ShaunVFX
16th Dec 2005
Reply message where?
Snaphappy
16th Dec 2005
Reply message RE: where?
ShaunVFX
16th Dec 2005
hwdx347
16th Dec 2005
Lonely Raven
16th Dec 2005
jbadgerow Silver Member
16th Dec 2005
ShaunVFX
16th Dec 2005
ShaunVFX
16th Dec 2005
phillyguy
16th Dec 2005
ShaunVFX
16th Dec 2005

Nikonshots Registered since 12th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 01:50 AM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 0

Greenwich, US

Wow and I bet it looks good in that size!

ShaunVFX Registered since 16th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 02:00 AM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 1

San Francisco, US

It really does... I was really impressed by the quality.. I will never hesitate to take a good pic and poster size it again..

Snaphappy Registered since 29th Oct 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 02:39 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "where?"
In response to Reply # 0

Highland, US

Who printed your 16x20?

ShaunVFX Registered since 16th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 04:40 AM
#4. "RE: where?"
In response to Reply # 3

San Francisco, US

These guys!

http://www.calypsoinc.com/

hwdx347 Basic MemberFri 16-Dec-05 01:48 PM
6273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 0

Maumelle, US

What's a lightjet?

Hedley

Hedley
Originally from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales -- now in Arkansas

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Lonely Raven Registered since 01st Dec 2007Fri 16-Dec-05 02:21 PM
225 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 5

That's GOT to be a good looking print! Nice capture!

jbadgerow Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Sep 2004Fri 16-Dec-05 04:03 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 6

Onalaska, US

this place has a great range of services that I could use, any one else got a report on how they preform.

Badge

ShaunVFX Registered since 16th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 05:41 PM
#9. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 7

San Francisco, US

Here....

This is my Friends Husband... He has AMAZING prints in his Gallery and he uses Calypso here in the bay area.... check out his work and drool... I do!

I believe he even has a link to these guys on one of his contacts pages. He likes to spread the knowledge around.

http://www.jerrydodrill.com/

ShaunVFX Registered since 16th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 05:45 PM
#10. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 5

San Francisco, US

The way I somewhat understand Lightjet is like this...

Instead of it printing ink on a page it uses a photosensitive paper much like regular photo paper... Instead of printing on it it uses laser light to expose the image. Pretty cool eh?

From Calysoinc

"Lightjet 5000 prints are the highest caliber photographic prints available today. These continuous tone photographs can be imaged directly from your digital file or digitized and printed from film or other media. The sharpness and quality is second to none. They are suited for fine art photography, tradeshow graphics, point of purchase displays, etc. Send us your prepared and profiled files or let our skilled technicians scan, prep, and print them for you."

phillyguy Registered since 03rd Nov 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 05:11 PM
221 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 0

Philadelphia, US

Two words - Nice!

Jason
Philadelphia Nikonian

ShaunVFX Registered since 16th Dec 2005Fri 16-Dec-05 05:53 PM
#11. "RE: Yay! 16x20 Prints Rule!"
In response to Reply # 8

San Francisco, US

Thanks =P

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #88927 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.