Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #75703
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..." Previous topic | Next topic
jon81680 Registered since 05th Jan 2006Wed 08-Feb-06 10:09 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."

New Windsor, US

Sorry but i have to vent a little, first time around I get my D70s, mirror locks up and "Err" message blinks after only a few shots. Great, I send it back and Buydig.com will replace with brand new unit. Come home, package is in my home, open it up, D70, not D70s. Unbelieveable!! I call them up, express my dissatisfaction, will send me a new unit, will arrive on Friday, no Saturday, maybe Monday. guy couldn't even give me a straight answer. Are you kidding me?? I know not a major difference between D70 and D70s, but I paid for a D70s and that's what I want. This will be the last time I buy from Buydig.com. Thanks for listening (reading).

Jonathan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s...
avm247 Moderator
08th Feb 2006
jon81680
08th Feb 2006
J Zee Silver Member
08th Feb 2006
jon81680
09th Feb 2006
Weeles
09th Feb 2006
trackside452
14th Feb 2006
cgaengineer
15th Feb 2006
jon81680
15th Feb 2006
RyanHawker
16th Feb 2006
jon81680
16th Feb 2006

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberWed 08-Feb-06 10:21 PM
18404 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Actually, there is a difference. While there may still be some New Old Stock available, the D70 is discontinued and the D70s is the replacement; the two are NOT both in production.

I hope you get the correct camera back soon.

Of course, they could have referred you to Nikon's warranty department.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers
Visit us at PMA (www.pmai.org) Orlando, February 26th through March 1st 2006, booth 1759

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

jon81680 Registered since 05th Jan 2006Wed 08-Feb-06 10:23 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 1

New Windsor, US

Hey Anthony, thanks for responding. Just a question, why would they refer to Nikon's warranty dept if this was buydig's error? Just curious

Jonathan

J Zee Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Apr 2004Wed 08-Feb-06 11:53 PM
418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 2

US

BuyDig could have refered you to Nikon with the first (D70s) camera rather than replacing your camera at all. I believe that's what Anthony means.

I've had great experiences with BuyDig. While your situation IS very frustrating, at least they're trying to help.

J Zee

Now, Go Out And Take Some Pictures!

J Zee

jon81680 Registered since 05th Jan 2006Thu 09-Feb-06 12:05 AM
#4. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 3

New Windsor, US

Gotcha, i think they didnt refer to Nikon because it all happened on the dya i received the camera so i guess they just wanted to make the accomodation. but yeah ur right, they are trying to help, just very very frustrating.

Weeles Basic MemberThu 09-Feb-06 01:08 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 4

Lisburn, GB

Here in the UK the retailer is responsible for equipment which is Faulty from New, or which fails soon after. I any item fails in the first 28 days then the consumer is entitled to a FULL REFUND. If the shop has another unit you may chose to accept it, but the important point is YOU DO NOT HAVE TO, you are legally entitled to a full refund (including any postage which you may have paid or other charges which you may have paid)

If for example, (please remember is is only a example, I am not knocking D50's), you bought a D50 and a 1GB SD card. At the weekend you get your new toy out and set off to photograph everything in sight. back at home you set about uploading your photos when suddenly your 3 - 4 day old D50 dies.

Laying in bed sulking about your dead camera you decide to bite the bullet and go instead for the D70S. Monday morning you go back to the shop and get your money back, not only on the D50, but also the SD card because it was part of the same purchase, (Can't us it in the D70S). You are now free to find some extra pennies and buy the D70S. You may wish to buy it from the same retailer if they have one in stock, but you do not have to.

I don't know about consumer Legislation in the USA, but in the UK you do not have to accept a repair, an exchange, a credit note or anything else. If it fails within 28 days, or is not FIT FOR PURPOSE, you demand your money back..! All of it..!

Good Luck with getting your Camera sorted

Les

trackside452 Registered since 14th Feb 2006Tue 14-Feb-06 02:02 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 5

Upstate, US

Funny you should mention Buydig.com. Just 30 minutes ago I placed an order with B&H for a D70S body. I purchased my first D70 from Buydig with no problems, and when I opted for another D70, as opposed to selling the one I have and getting a D200, I was struggling between Buydig and B&H. B&H was $9 more, but I purchased some other items not available at Buydig, so I came out about even considering shipping. Of course the malfunction you had with the D70S is not Buydig's fault, but sending a D70 to replace it is, in my opinion, unacceptable. After hearing your story, I'm glad now that I went with B&H. Hopefully I'll have better luck with my D70S than you.

All Aboard!

Brian

cgaengineer Registered since 31st Oct 2005Wed 15-Feb-06 11:30 AM
201 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 0

Winder, US

If it was me I would ask them to knock $150-$200 off of the original D70...to me the difference isnt that great and if you could save a few hundred it would be worth it.

jon81680 Registered since 05th Jan 2006Wed 15-Feb-06 02:05 PM
#8. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 7

New Windsor, US

Get this guys, i finally get the D70so in the mail and the fedex guy starts to walk away, i ask if he has a label to ship the other D70 back to buydig, he knows nothing about it. I open up the box the D70s comes in and look for a return label... nothing. Is it possible they forgot that i have the D70?? I've been meaning to call them but havent had ithe time yet, been busy with work and what not. Bu i am not going to pay shipping again to send that sucker back to them. SO as of right now, I have a practically brand new D70 sitting in a box. I think this was the first and last order i make from buydig.

Jon

RyanHawker Basic MemberThu 16-Feb-06 11:37 AM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 8

Middletown, Md, US

They know about it now.

Bill Ryan
Middletown,Md

jon81680 Registered since 05th Jan 2006Thu 16-Feb-06 04:38 PM
#10. "RE: Yet another horrible first experince with D70s..."
In response to Reply # 9

New Windsor, US

>They know about it now.

wasnt meant to be a secret, as i said i plan on calling them to get it back to them

J

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #75703 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.