nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Will Hunt

San Diego, US
129 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Will Hunt Registered since 20th Nov 2005
Wed 09-Aug-06 04:18 PM

I am not disappointed with the new D80, but rather pleased to see it can do more of what is expected.

I shoot with a D200 and know with the 10.2 sensor shooting at raw it eats digital film like candy chickletts. I find all my old lower CF cards more annoying than anything, as you have to change them so often. I use 4 gig extreme III mostly and even the 2 gig cards fill up fast.

Talk to your Canonite friends and see how many use their SD slots?

It seems only the larger studio cameras have the most mg pixels(ie. Hasselblad 39 mg), and I am not sure the sensors can handle the overall performance of the cameras out now, matching high shutter speeds and high ISO with low noise.

I will wait and see if the new 10.2 sensor has been tweeked for lower noise like the D50 was compaired to the D70s before I buy one.

I am hoping for a "dumbed down" version of the D2Xs and "dumbed down price" with the cam 2000 instead of a much larger pixel camera at the camera trade show in Germany in September. The Canon D5 is now below $3,000 US so it can be done.

I do know I have worn the white ISO letters off and other white letters off my D200 controls from using it so much.

Will Hunt

Will Hunt

G