nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #54374
View in linear mode

Subject: "Dirty Mirror" Previous topic | Next topic
manubmengi Registered since 19th Jul 2004Sun 23-Jul-06 06:58 PM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Dirty Mirror"

IN

Hi all,

Recently i got my D70 serviced from Nikon authorized service centre. Actually lot of dust had accumulated on the sensor, so i got it cleaned. But when i got my camera back the view from the viewfinder is very dirty, lot of scrtches are there along with the dust. I asked the personal what is wrong. The reply was that my camera's mirror or something (something through which the light passaes) is badly scratched.

I'm very much sure that there was nothing as such before the service.
The personal is refusing to channge the component & is asking me to pay for it & is making me wait for over a month now.

Although the photos are clear with no dust specks on them the view from the viewfinder is extremely irritating.

What should i do?????

Suggestions to the said affect would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Dr. Manu

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

hwdx347 Basic MemberSun 23-Jul-06 09:06 PM
6273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Dirty Mirror"
In response to Reply # 0

Maumelle, US

Is it actually Nikon that did the repair or an authorized representitive? If it was Nikon I'm sure they would put it right. If it's a private contractor you are probably out of luck. If the second scenario is right then contact Nikon to put pressure on their representitive.

Hedley

Hedley
Originally from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales -- now in Arkansas

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

manubmengi Registered since 19th Jul 2004Mon 24-Jul-06 06:30 PM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Dirty Mirror"
In response to Reply # 1

IN

Hi Hedley,
Thank You for your reply.

Actually Nikon is not selling the products themselves here in India. They have appointed "Interfoto" here in India as their authorized sales & service agents.

So i have a problem which is being given to me by the Interfoto.

How should I contact Nikon?? What is their Mail Id?????

Thank You.

Dr. Manu

hwdx347 Basic MemberMon 24-Jul-06 06:36 PM
6273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Dirty Mirror"
In response to Reply # 2

Maumelle, US

I'm in the USA. Nikon's web address here is www.nikonusa.com
The tech support phone number is 1-800-645-6689. Hope this helps.

Hedley

Hedley
Originally from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales -- now in Arkansas

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #54374 Previous topic | Next topic