Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #50746
View in linear mode

Subject: "fisheye lens advice" Previous topic | Next topic
zooyorkcity Registered since 26th Sep 2006Tue 26-Sep-06 10:12 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"fisheye lens advice"

US

Can anyone recommend a good all-around fisheye lens. Also, should i bother even trying the fisheye filters or should I go with the actual lens?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ehparis Registered since 25th May 2006Tue 26-Sep-06 11:33 PM
1798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: fisheye lens advice"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Welcome to Nikonians. You might want to complete your profile so better answers can be provided to any questions you have.

I'm going to assume you have a D70s. If so you have the DX format and that can change the "fisheye effect" of certain fisheye lenses. Nikon introduced the 10.5mm Fisheye especially to address that issue for a fisheye lens.

I'd generally avoid the "fisheye filter" lenses as they tend to be high on gimmick effect and low on quality. The Nikkor lens mentioned costs (I believe) around $500.00. The gimmick "fisheye filers" usually cost less than $100. for a reason.

Jerry

"If your pictures aren't good enough,
you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #50746 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.