Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #499
View in linear mode

Subject: "How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?" Previous topic | Next topic
fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Tue 08-Aug-06 02:25 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"

Barrington, US

Do you guys think it is gonna be as hard as the D200?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?
nwcs Silver Member
08th Aug 2006
gettingbetter
08th Aug 2006
Nostromo
08th Aug 2006
fspeeder
08th Aug 2006
Crashking
08th Aug 2006
fspeeder
08th Aug 2006
edmun
08th Aug 2006
MstrBones Silver Member
08th Aug 2006
Nostromo
08th Aug 2006
smithy
09th Aug 2006
fspeeder
09th Aug 2006
fspeeder
09th Aug 2006

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 08-Aug-06 03:18 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Odds are, yes. But if the speculation is correct that they have been holding back production of the D50 and D70 in anticipation and stockpiling these then maybe not.

gettingbetter Registered since 17th Jul 2006Tue 08-Aug-06 03:42 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

All the Nikon reps are suggesting that the D80 will have no supply problems. Evidently this explains why the D70s and the D50 have been so hard to get hold of - they have been manufacturing this new camera for a while.

A nice thought but... let's see.....

Mike

Mike, London UK

Nostromo Registered since 29th Apr 2006Tue 08-Aug-06 03:57 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 2

It will be tough to get. If it's as good as I suspect I'll order all of them.

Sam

fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Tue 08-Aug-06 04:11 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 3

Barrington, US

>It will be tough to get. If it's as good as I suspect I'll
>order all of them.
>

Please leave one for me.

Crashking Registered since 19th Jun 2004Tue 08-Aug-06 04:35 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 4

Montreal, CA

Hi,

I think it will be very easy to get one. Honnestly i even think we may be able to get it within one week. Why do i think like that? Well i have to say that i don't know much about marketing, but i can't see why a company like Nikon would do a teaser campaign for 20 days, telling it's potential customer that the new camera will not disapoint them, and them tell them :''here's the new D80, you will get it at your favorite Nikon shop in time for Christmas 2006''...

I mean, what's the point of doing a teaser, if you can't deliver the camera after the teaser? Just annouce the thing and tell people to wait 2 months.
If the D80 is not available really fast, i think they'll lose some customers. Not people like me that are equiped with Nikon lenses, but customers that currently own point and shoot camera, and that are looking to get a DSLR.

Tomorrow morning i'm calling my dealer and i really hope he's going to tell me he will have them fast.

fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Tue 08-Aug-06 04:44 PM
#6. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 5

Barrington, US

Well, after 9 months since introduction of D200, B&H still cannot keep body in stock. Production capacity is limited. They can only produce certain number of units a month and initial demand will almost certainly exceeds the production capacity.

I however really do not see it is gonna be as hard as getting a D200. I have not seen the excitement here for D80 as I saw that for D200 before it was available.

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Tue 08-Aug-06 07:42 PM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 6

eugene, US

The excitement may not be there but the demand will be.

ledmun

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Tue 08-Aug-06 08:40 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 6

AW

>I however really do not see it is gonna be as hard as getting a D200. I have not seen the excitement here for D80 as I saw that for D200 before it was available.

I got a feeling that the above will fall into the famous last words category.

""

Nostromo Registered since 29th Apr 2006Tue 08-Aug-06 10:06 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 8

>I however really do not see it is gonna be as hard as getting a D200. I have not seen the excitement here for D80 as I saw that for D200 before it was available.
I got a feeling that the above will fall into the famous last words category.>>>

Yup...the D80 will probably be as big as the D70, which is to say way bigger than the D200. Price point is important here. While I own the D200 and like it, I have not found it to be as good a value as my D70 or the D2Hs I've used. Many D70 and D50 owners will make the jump to the D80. Looks like the D200 will probably be the only Nikon entry point for faster shooting under 2K, which still gives Canon a serious advantage against the D80 is it's just 3 fps.

S.

smithy Registered since 06th Feb 2004Wed 09-Aug-06 03:55 AM
145 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 6

Shanghai, CN

Can't get a Camera ? Move to China.
We have D50, D70s, D200, 18-200 VR , Supply is no problem
Compared to UK costs are cheap, D50 for £280, D70S kit £450, D200 £750, so I'm hoping that D80 won't be a problem, cost should be about £500 (7500 Rmb).

The launch of D80 may reduce D200 prices for UK residents, its a thought.

An Englishman in Shanghai

fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Wed 09-Aug-06 03:59 AM
#11. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 10

Barrington, US

That is because RMB is the no 1 speculation currency right now 7500RMB will soon become $1000, not a so impressive price

fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Wed 09-Aug-06 04:00 AM
#12. "RE: How hard is it gonna be to get a D80?"
In response to Reply # 10

Barrington, US

On second thought, how much is an EN-EL3e?

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #499 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.