nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #48624
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file" Previous topic | Next topic
Seychelles88 Registered since 17th Sep 2006Fri 03-Nov-06 06:05 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file"

Hi Everyone, I have been studying other people great photos and noticed that in some exif file the name of the photographer appears next to the "BY-LINE (AUTHOR)". Is there a way you can set this info in the D70s? I notice the camera that had this info was from a D200.
Thanks for your help.
Seychelles88

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file
peterst6906 Silver Member
03rd Nov 2006
Seychelles88
03rd Nov 2006
Ralle
03rd Nov 2006
jmasin
03rd Nov 2006
toeshark
05th Nov 2006
jmasin
05th Nov 2006

peterst6906 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2006Fri 03-Nov-06 06:16 AM
227 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file"
In response to Reply # 0

The Hague, NL

Hi Seychelles,

Unfortunately this isn't something you can set in camera on the D70 (nor any of the others either).

To add those details you do it in post-processing, usually as one of the early steps, however you can't do it in something like Nikon Browser, you need Capture, Photoshop, Ligthroom, Bibble, etc.

If you don't own any of these, I'd suggest you download the beta version of Lightroom from the Adobe website. Other than being a bit on the slow side, it is quite powerful as a RAW converter and will also work equally well with jpegs.

Regards,

Peter

Seychelles88 Registered since 17th Sep 2006Fri 03-Nov-06 06:21 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file"
In response to Reply # 1

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will download Lightroom and give it a try!

- Seychelles

Ralle Registered since 03rd Apr 2003Fri 03-Nov-06 08:12 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file"
In response to Reply # 2

DK

Hey!

You can add an "image comment" to the D70s that will be shown i the exif data. I'm using it for my personal dna .
This is done by the setup menu.

/Ralle

jmasin Registered since 14th Aug 2006Fri 03-Nov-06 02:18 PM
212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I can say that Elements 5.0 (I can't justify the $$ for CS2) will add this information on import from the CF card, so it is a very easy thing that adds no additional steps.

Cheers.

Jon
----
My Pbase Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

toeshark Registered since 04th Jun 2006Sun 05-Nov-06 04:32 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file"
In response to Reply # 4

Newark, US

"I can say that Elements 5.0...will add this information on import from the CF card..."

Can you do this in Elements 4?

jmasin Registered since 14th Aug 2006Sun 05-Nov-06 05:39 PM
212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Your name under BY-LINE AUTHOR in the exif file"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Sorry, I'm not sure, that's why I stressed 5.0. I just don't know if previous versions can do this.

Sorry.

Jon
----
My Pbase Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #48624 Previous topic | Next topic