Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #46389
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your Camera's Settings" Previous topic | Next topic
sigmuh Registered since 22nd Dec 2006Mon 18-Dec-06 11:18 PM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Your Camera's Settings"

Vancouver, CA

I'm curious to know how many of you use your cameras settings and which ones you use. By settings, I mean the built-in sharpening, vividness, etc, etc, to enhance the image when it's taken or do most just use CS2 for everything? Speaking of which, do these enhancements show up on RAW files or just JPEGs? I can't find this part in my manual.

- Kevin, Nikon D70s
"If it ain't a Nikon, then...... you should get one."

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ehu Registered since 15th Sep 2006Tue 19-Dec-06 03:37 AM
156 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Your Camera's Settings"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

I used to shoot JPG, and had settings based on what Ken Rockwell suggests, with some changes. But best is to just play.

Now I shoot raw, in some ways more of a pain because it involves work after wards, but none of the camera settings matter (except of course exposure settings) and you can change it all in CS2 (or what you use).

Nikon capture (or what ever its called) does have the option of applying in camera settings.

Cheers

Eric

All I ask is to prove that money can't make me happy.

D70 with some lenses

mtyndall Basic MemberTue 19-Dec-06 04:21 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Your Camera's Settings"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

You may find this thread of interest...

http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID86/15189.html#157

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #46389 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.