Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #327
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak" Previous topic | Next topic
fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Fri 21-Jul-06 02:56 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"

Barrington, US

nikon d90 - upcoming successor to the famous nikon d70s entry level dslr have been anounced recently by nikon imaging, japan. well, they don't tell that the name of new camera will be d90, but some sources i heard today is clearly mentioned it will.

so the new nikon d90 will be equipped with sony aps-c 10.2 megapixel sensor - same as in d200. there will be two control dials, not the one as in d50. also in features:

dof preview button
one custom function button
new battery (more than 750 shots per charge)
11-point autofocus

msrp same as nikon d70 (for body only and kit packages)
no battery (vertical) grip will be available
thats all what could be figured out from machine translated spanish source close to nikon imaging europe. hope soon we will know more.

There is a picture here but I think that is just a PSed image:
http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=photography&MsgID=120535

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak
briantilley Moderator
21st Jul 2006
Reply message No Vertical Grip! Aaarrgghhh!!!!!
w_lorimer
21st Jul 2006
     Reply message RE: No Vertical Grip! Aaarrgghhh!!!!!
BJNicholls Gold Member
21st Jul 2006
ehparis
22nd Jul 2006
ehparis
22nd Jul 2006
fspeeder
23rd Jul 2006
F80
23rd Jul 2006
BartY
24th Jul 2006
JH
24th Jul 2006

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 21-Jul-06 03:00 PM
29085 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

Thanks, but we already have an ongoing thread on the topic of this upcoming Nikon, here.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

w_lorimer Basic MemberFri 21-Jul-06 08:47 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "No Vertical Grip! Aaarrgghhh!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Greymouth, NZ

Yes Brian, you're quite right - this is being thrashed out in another message.

I'd like to just make a comment on the 'presumed' spec list that is being given at this early stage - which isn't really being discussed on that thread.

Please say it isn't so - please don't tell me they aren't releasing a dedicated vertical grip with this camera either!? I've been waiting for this D90 upgrade for a while now, and the early indication is that it will be all that I hoped it would be.... except for the lack of vertical grip.

I haven't jumped to the D200 so far - holding off for the (lighter) D90. But if the rumours are true and Nikon don't plan to release it with a dedicated battery grip, then that D200 may be in my bag instead.

Perhaps that's Nikon's intention?

Oh well, I'll have to wait and see (just like everybody else). Only 18 more sleeps.

A 'Kiwi' Nikonian
nzdigital.blogspot.com

You've got to stand up for something - or you'll fall for anything

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberFri 21-Jul-06 09:29 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: No Vertical Grip! Aaarrgghhh!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Salt Lake City, US

I'd bet that Nikon wants you to get a D200 if you're salivating over a vertical grip. There has to be some differentiation...

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

ehparis Registered since 25th May 2006Sat 22-Jul-06 10:21 PM
1798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Credible witnesses to a rumor is an oxymoron. Believe it when it's officially announced.

"If your pictures aren't good enough,
you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

ehparis Registered since 25th May 2006Sat 22-Jul-06 10:23 PM
1798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"
In response to Reply # 0

US

How did this message escape being locked? Too many brush fires and too many getting out of control? LOL

Jerry

"If your pictures aren't good enough,
you're not close enough." -Robert Capa

fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Sun 23-Jul-06 04:53 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"
In response to Reply # 5

Barrington, US

Because this is D90, not the D80

BTW, ken Rockwell just released his D90 preview.

F80 Basic MemberSun 23-Jul-06 11:43 PM
7082 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"
In response to Reply # 6

Toronto, CA

Ken guesses US$1,299. I'm hoping that's high. If Nikon wants a Canon 30D killer, they should price it closer to $1,000.

F80

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

BartY Registered since 03rd Aug 2002Mon 24-Jul-06 11:37 AM
531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"
In response to Reply # 6

Mableton, US

>Because this is D90, not the D80
>
>BTW, ken Rockwell just released his D90 preview.

Unless its dated incorrectly, his "preview" is over a year old. He just added the blurb about Nikon's announcement and linked to those old predicitions.

JH Basic MemberMon 24-Jul-06 02:18 PM
1477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D90 Rummors or Speculations or Leak"
In response to Reply # 0

Tampere, FI

Please continue discussion in this thread:

"Is this D80 - Part 2"

http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID86/16852.html

Janne

"Sunset is always an experience - but check the ISO speed!"

Visit my site at: http://www.nordicview.fi

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #327 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.