A Questioner with results published about the new Nikon D-SLR
Since the tension is killing me, I've decided to do something, I was about to create a summarized table with the guesses I read in all forums, instead I've prepared a questioner that will publish it's result on a daily basis.
>A Questioner with results published about the new Nikon >D-SLR > >Dear community, > >Since the tension is killing me, I've decided to do >something, I was about to create a summarized table with the >guesses I read in all forums, instead I've prepared a >questioner that will publish it's result on a daily basis. > >The survey: >http://doteng.com/newnikon/public/survey.php?name=NewNikon > >The Results: >http://doteng.com/newnikon/thanks.html > >Please use this space to discuss the results.
Don't know about the camera, but the demographics of the respondents is overwelmingly "enthusiastic males" - not sure if we can trust them
great idea, I enjoyed reading the results page not sure how useful the "TOTAL" percentages at the end of each section.. it grabs attention (longest bar in each category) yet what does it really tell us?
Actually I bet, as a group, we're spot on. The theory of smart groups dictates that disparate groups of non-experts make better decision than so-called experts. It will be interesting if we get it closer than Ken Rockwell et al
Here are some features that are important, but missed on the survey. Anybody got a view on these?
- Will it have YRGB histograms likie the D200. I was amazed to discover that the D70 histogram is actually just the green channel. Amazingly easy to wrongly expose, even with a perfect (green channel)histogram profile
- Will it have a larger viewfinder. I'm not talking about coverage (%) but I am hoping you can see more through the new viewfinder a la D200.
- How many shots will it take to one battery charge. Compared to the D70, the D200 has useless battery life. Will the D80 give us more of the same, or will they have fixed it?
- Will it be able to use the D70 remote control. In comparison, the D200 remote system is horrid (you have to plug something into the hot shoe. This is a serious weakness for me.
- Will they have resolved the High ISO noise issue? We want D50 nose chachteristics, not the D200, although many owners of D200 insist they dont see noise as an issue.
- What size is the body. I know you asked about weight, but the images look like a D50 size body. Therefore evrybody seems to be guessing this camera is heavier than I suspect.
Of course, we could always wait a few days till they announce it, but where's the fun in that.