Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #304
View in linear mode

Subject: "D80 Guessing game - Started" Previous topic | Next topic
ilan Registered since 06th Jul 2006Tue 25-Jul-06 09:56 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D80 Guessing game - Started"

Raanana, IL

A Questioner with results published about the new Nikon D-SLR

Dear community,

Since the tension is killing me, I've decided to do something, I was about to create a summarized table with the guesses I read in all forums, instead I've prepared a questioner that will publish it's result on a daily basis.

The survey:
http://doteng.com/newnikon/public/survey.php?name=NewNikon

The Results:
http://doteng.com/newnikon/thanks.html

Please use this space to discuss the results.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D80 Guessing game - Started
ilan
26th Jul 2006
Quack
27th Jul 2006
kocho
27th Jul 2006
vadimom
27th Jul 2006
ilan
27th Jul 2006
gettingbetter
02nd Aug 2006
ilan
29th Jul 2006
Reply message Features your survey didn't ask about......
gettingbetter
02nd Aug 2006

ilan Registered since 06th Jul 2006Wed 26-Jul-06 11:08 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D80 Guessing game - Started"
In response to Reply # 0

Raanana, IL

Currently the results page is updated manually, I've started working on a dynamic page.

Quack Registered since 19th Dec 2004Thu 27-Jul-06 02:59 AM
172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: D80 Guessing game - Started"
In response to Reply # 0

US

nvm

kocho Basic MemberThu 27-Jul-06 01:07 PM
1756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D80 Guessing game - Started"
In response to Reply # 0

Metro DC, US

>A Questioner with results published about the new Nikon
>D-SLR
>
>Dear community,
>
>Since the tension is killing me, I've decided to do
>something, I was about to create a summarized table with the
>guesses I read in all forums, instead I've prepared a
>questioner that will publish it's result on a daily basis.
>
>The survey:
>http://doteng.com/newnikon/public/survey.php?name=NewNikon
>
>The Results:
>http://doteng.com/newnikon/thanks.html
>
>Please use this space to discuss the results.

Don't know about the camera, but the demographics of the respondents is overwelmingly "enthusiastic males" - not sure if we can trust them

My PBase Gallery Favorites

vadimom Registered since 25th Feb 2006Thu 27-Jul-06 03:09 PM
67 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D80 Guessing game - Started"
In response to Reply # 3

Tampa, US

great idea, I enjoyed reading the results page
not sure how useful the "TOTAL" percentages at the end of each section.. it grabs attention (longest bar in each category) yet what does it really tell us?

ilan Registered since 06th Jul 2006Thu 27-Jul-06 07:37 PM
#5. "RE: D80 Guessing game - Started"
In response to Reply # 4

Raanana, IL

Got that, total is dead.

gettingbetter Registered since 17th Jul 2006Wed 02-Aug-06 10:13 AM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#7. "RE: D80 Guessing game - Started"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

Actually I bet, as a group, we're spot on. The theory of smart groups dictates that disparate groups of non-experts make better decision than so-called experts. It will be interesting if we get it closer than Ken Rockwell et al

Mike

Mike, London UK

ilan Registered since 06th Jul 2006Sat 29-Jul-06 08:40 AM
#6. "RE: D80 Guessing game - Started"
In response to Reply # 0

Raanana, IL

Over 100 responses.

Changes in results page:design and sorting.
Added Nikon flash teaser and the D80 pictures.

gettingbetter Registered since 17th Jul 2006Wed 02-Aug-06 10:31 AM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#8. "Features your survey didn't ask about......"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Here are some features that are important, but missed on the survey. Anybody got a view on these?

- Will it have YRGB histograms likie the D200. I was amazed to discover that the D70 histogram is actually just the green channel. Amazingly easy to wrongly expose, even with a perfect (green channel)histogram profile

- Will it have a larger viewfinder. I'm not talking about coverage (%) but I am hoping you can see more through the new viewfinder a la D200.

- How many shots will it take to one battery charge. Compared to the D70, the D200 has useless battery life. Will the D80 give us more of the same, or will they have fixed it?

- Will it be able to use the D70 remote control. In comparison, the D200 remote system is horrid (you have to plug something into the hot shoe. This is a serious weakness for me.

- Will they have resolved the High ISO noise issue? We want D50 nose chachteristics, not the D200, although many owners of D200 insist they dont see noise as an issue.

- What size is the body. I know you asked about weight, but the images look like a D50 size body. Therefore evrybody seems to be guessing this camera is heavier than I suspect.

Of course, we could always wait a few days till they announce it, but where's the fun in that.

Mike

Any views

Mike, London UK

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #304 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.