Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #29988
View in linear mode

Subject: "This option is not available with the current settings" Previous topic | Next topic
sprydle Registered since 30th May 2008Fri 30-May-08 04:36 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"This option is not available with the current settings"

US

Hi,

I recently purchased a D80 and am enjoying learning to use it. I shot a lot of B&W in the 70's and 80's, so I know the basics - of course, the D80 is a very different beast to my old SLR.

I'm trying to change the Optimize Image settings, but cannot open the menu - I get the message "This option is not available with the current settings"

I've tried changing various settings, but as I don't know which setting *needs* to be changed, this has proved fruitless.

Which setting or settings do I need to change in order to access the Optimize Settings menu?

Thanks in advance,
John

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

sprydle Registered since 30th May 2008Fri 30-May-08 04:46 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: This option is not available with the current settings"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Figured it out!

The Optimize Image setting is not available in Auto - just M/A/S and P.

Doh!

PeterA03 Registered since 29th Dec 2007Fri 30-May-08 04:51 PM
135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: This option is not available with the current settings"
In response to Reply # 0

Beverly Hills, US

Go to the set up menu (the wrench). In the CSM/Setup menu, choose full. It is now set up as Simple. see page 101 of your manual.

sprydle Registered since 30th May 2008Fri 30-May-08 04:59 PM
#3. "RE: This option is not available with the current settings"
In response to Reply # 2

US

>Go to the set up menu (the wrench). In the CSM/Setup menu,
>choose full. It is now set up as Simple. see page 101 of your
>manual.

It was set to "Full". The issue was that the Optimize Image menu is not available when the camera is in full auto.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #29988 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.