Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #28822
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Quick Charger MH-18a and Battery EN-EL3e problem...." Previous topic | Next topic
dexter1 Registered since 23rd Apr 2008Thu 24-Apr-08 05:24 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Quick Charger MH-18a and Battery EN-EL3e problem....Help"

DE

Hi all

I m new to this forum , just joined today as I just got my new D80 from US (i m in Germany) I wanted to charge the Battery, but it seems there is some problem. I put the battery in charger and switched on the charging, The led was blinking for 1 or 2 mins and then suddenly stopped blinking. I checked the battery status in camera and its not charged.

M i missing something here? do i need to empty the battery first???
What is the problem??? I m confused.

thanks for your help
-AP

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Thu 24-Apr-08 01:16 PM
933 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Quick Charger MH-18a and Battery EN-EL3e problem....Help"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 24-Apr-08 01:24 PM by jimsanders

Buffalo, US

When the battery is fully charged, the LED on the charger should stop blinking and come on solid. Is that what is happening to yours, or is the LED turning off?

Assuming your charger is behaving as it should, and the source voltage (to the charger) is between AC 100 - 240V, 50/60 Hz., you might want to check
this thread. There is a common problem with the lens connection in some D80 cameras / lens combinations.

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Thu 24-Apr-08 06:48 PM
1301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Quick Charger MH-18a and Battery EN-EL3e problem....Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

I think that this happened when I first got my D80. I just put the battery back in the charger, and it went through a full charge the second time.

Chris

dexter1 Registered since 23rd Apr 2008Sat 10-May-08 12:06 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Quick Charger MH-18a and Battery EN-EL3e problem....Help"
In response to Reply # 2

DE

First of all let me apologize for late reply. was on vacations and away from comp.

Okay the Battery was faulty and I had to purchase a new battery. Now the camera is working fine... the dealer will replace the battery, Hope I get it soon.

This made me bit nervous since truly speaking I always take things from sony but after long research I found that nikon is better in SLRs so i convinced myself and decided to switch to nikon. and this was my first experience. Anyways the pictures are quite nice. I havent explored all the features yet..

Thanks for your replies

-AP

sillyconguru Registered since 31st Oct 2005Sun 11-May-08 03:27 PM
1915 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon Quick Charger MH-18a and Battery EN-EL3e problem....Help"
In response to Reply # 3

GB

>This made me bit nervous since truly speaking I always take
>things from sony

It's probably Sony that make Nikon's batteries.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #28822 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.