Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #2793
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pixel Comparison D70 vs D80" Previous topic | Next topic
Bucsfan Registered since 29th Aug 2006Sun 17-Sep-06 05:09 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Pixel Comparison D70 vs D80"

Mesa, US

I did a test shooting newspaper to see how much the extra pixels improve sharpness. Unfortunately I can't post pictures until I upgrade my membership. But I will tell you after zooming in on the D80 image at 1600% I could still read the print whereas I couldn't zoom in more than 400% on the D70 image before losing it's readability.

I am no expert at testing these things and my results may be flawed in some way so if someone else would like to make a similar test and post their results here I am sure it would be appreciated by many of us.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Geoffrey4 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Sun 17-Sep-06 12:01 PM
291 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Pixel Comparison D70 vs D80"
In response to Reply # 0

Perth, AU

Hi

Certainly the 10mpx sensor does make a difference, to see the comparison you ask for already posted see posts 1 and 2 in this thread:

http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID236/238.html

When the D200 was new there were similar posts comparing this with 6mpx cameras.
I can't post my own comparisons yet because the D80 hasn't yet reached Australia, but I look forward to it!
Geoffrey
In the golden west - Western Australia

Geoffrey

Western Australia
(a state nearly 4 times the area of Texas)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #2793 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.