nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D70 reformatting by itself

HaydnBMorris

Poole, UK
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HaydnBMorris Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2013
Thu 07-Nov-13 01:38 PM

About 12 months ago, having purchased a D800 for myself, I passed my aging D70 to my daughter. The camera had provided me with very good service (I purchased it shortly after it first came on sale in the UK) although in the latter months of my use I noticed an increasing tendency for it to miss shots (resulting in purely black images) or to provide an image comprising only of a pattern of coloured lines. These were so infrequent that I put it down to age (both me and the camera).

More recently however, my daughter advises that she can take 50 or 100 shots say without trouble, only to find that when taking the next shot the card "reformats" and all photos are apparently lost - in fact the photos can be retreived using recovery software - but this is both frustrating and does not provide confidence in the camera. We have tried software upgrade but have the latest software installed.

Has anyone else experienced similar and what was the solution?

My daughter has asked for a new lens this Christmas - should I instead look at giving a new camera? If so, any ideas for a good step up from a D70 for wildlife photography?

Many thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G