Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252947
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shutter count when taking video" Previous topic | Next topic
JBD90 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Fri 23-Aug-13 05:42 PM
162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Shutter count when taking video"

US

I read where a guy bought a used D90 with 97K shutter clicks. It was in pristine condition. It made me wonder how it could be worked so hard and look like is sat in the bag? Then I wondered if the shutter count was because it was used mainly for video and the shutter count ran up like the numbers on the gas pump? How does that work? Thanks JB

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Sat 24-Aug-13 01:28 AM
2669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Shutter count when taking video"
In response to Reply # 0

Kingston, CA

>I read where a guy bought a used D90 with 97K shutter clicks.
> It was in pristine condition. It made me wonder how it could
>be worked so hard and look like is sat in the bag? Then I
>wondered if the shutter count was because it was used mainly
>for video and the shutter count ran up like the numbers on the
>gas pump? How does that work? Thanks JB

Hi. Interesting thought but... the shutter isn't used when shooting video except once to get into Live View and a second time to exit. The 24 frames per second (or whatever mode the camera is in) is achieved with an electronic shutter. Peter

JBD90 Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2011Mon 26-Aug-13 05:26 PM
162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Shutter count when taking video"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Well that makes a lot of sense. Thanks. I guess I could have thought about that a bit more or done a test of sorts. Thanks for the reply.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252947 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.