Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252940
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon d50" Previous topic | Next topic
ron1240z Registered since 18th Aug 2013Wed 21-Aug-13 01:21 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon d50"
Wed 21-Aug-13 01:22 AM by ron1240z

gig harbor, US

I have a friend that has a d50 that when you take a picture with it the lower 1/4 - 1/3 of the picture turns out black. He has tried different lenses but still has the problem. Acts like something in the camera. Has anyone ran into this before?

Take care,
Ron

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon d50
JosephK Silver Member
21st Aug 2013
factotum
21st Aug 2013
ron1240z
21st Aug 2013
MEMcD Moderator
22nd Aug 2013
JBD90
23rd Aug 2013

JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Wed 21-Aug-13 01:25 AM
4632 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon d50"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Sounds like a shutter synchronization problem. Sync-ing with what I am not sure (mirror? sensor timing?)

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

factotum Registered since 17th Jun 2007Wed 21-Aug-13 01:38 AM
342 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon d50"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Shutter has died. Not a synch problem.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
Miss Piggy

ron1240z Registered since 18th Aug 2013Wed 21-Aug-13 04:19 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon d50"
In response to Reply # 2

gig harbor, US

Thanks for the help, I'll let him know.

Take care,
Ron

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 22-Aug-13 02:25 AM
26463 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon d50"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Ron,

Is your friend using flash?
If so, make sure the shutter speed is set to 1/500th sec. or slower.
If not, the shutter must be replaced.

Best Regards,
Marty

JBD90 Registered since 24th Nov 2011Fri 23-Aug-13 05:35 PM
171 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon d50"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Is a shutter replacement an expensive repair? Is that a replacement camera issue? It always seems like guys talk about shutter clicks and "life" left in the camera as if it is a fatal event. I guess I should look and see if Nikon posts typical repair costs somewhere. JB

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252940 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.