nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
w9sz

Urbana, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
w9sz Registered since 31st Jul 2013
Wed 31-Jul-13 06:46 PM

I've had a D70S since 2006. It's been a great camera with no problems until recently.

About 3 weeks ago several of the functions stopped working and the ON/OFF switch seemed to stop working. At first I could not turn the camera off. I removed the battery and reinstalled it and then the camera would not initialize or turn on. I tried a fully charged battery with the same results. Typically, when installing a charged battery, the green light on the camera back would flash momentarily and the display window on the top right would display the number of shots left on the memory card. This time the green light did not flash and the screen remained blank.

The next day I tried two different freshly charged batteries, and after about a minute the display would show up but the green light did not flash. The correct number of exposures left on the CF card were displayed. The camera seemed to work normally otherwise. After a few days, everything seemed to return to normal including the green light flashing when a charged battery was inserted.

After several weeks of appearing to work normally, it's having the same problems again. Yesterday after trying two different fully charged batteries, the LCD display would appear again after the camera sat for about 5 minutes. However, it did not display the correct number of exposures left on the CF card this time. Also, it will display a number of exposures left on a card when the card has been removed (should show an -E-). The card appears to be functioning normally when inserted into a card reader on my computer.

Has anyone seen this type of problem before?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D70S problem