Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252856
View in linear mode

Subject: "My D90 Just Crashed" Previous topic | Next topic
gannonator Registered since 23rd Jul 2013Tue 23-Jul-13 10:28 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"My D90 Just Crashed"

US

I was in the middle of taking pictures when the D90 just stopped working. No screen. No warning. No battery level. No picture count. Nada.
I've taken the lens off and put it back.
I've taken the battery out (it still had most of a charge when last I looked) and put it back.
I've pressed both green marked buttons (held down for as long as 10 seconds) at the same time.
Nothing.
Am I toast? Do I need a Nikon service center? Does anyone know of one in Phx/Metro area?

Thanks!!! and Help!!!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

golfercat Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2012Tue 23-Jul-13 11:14 PM
186 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My D90 Just Crashed"
In response to Reply # 0

Menifee, US

Before sending it off, I would try another fully charged battery. Ion batteries do die.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gannonator Registered since 23rd Jul 2013Tue 23-Jul-13 11:42 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: My D90 Just Crashed"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks. I do have a second battery. I'll try it.

gannonator Registered since 23rd Jul 2013Wed 24-Jul-13 12:59 AM
#3. "RE: My D90 Just Crashed"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Got home and put in the other (second) battery and it looks like I have a camera again.

Thanks for your help.

cmolieri Basic MemberWed 24-Jul-13 04:01 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: My D90 Just Crashed"
In response to Reply # 3

Sun Lakes, AZ, US

Glad you were able to resolve your problem. In case you ever have need of it here is the the closest Nikon repair center: http://www.criscam.com/ It is in Chandler off I-10

cmolieri

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252856 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.