nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What would make 2 cameras monitor look different

pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Sun 21-Jul-13 02:32 AM | edited Sun 21-Jul-13 03:19 AM by pasknucklehead

Hi friends,
Went to a wedding this evening to help out the photographer who was doing the actual shoot. Here is my question...We both have d90's, I have a sb700, he had a sb600. Both flashes were set to ttl. He used a sigma 2.8 17-? I don't remember exactly, I used my Nikon 18-200. We both for a few shots had our camera's set to program mode,,,which is something now I rarely do, but I just could not get my lighting to even come close to what his camera was doing. Taking shots outside, green grass and closeup's, he had a nice warm close-up, I on the other hand, same shot, same distance, was very cool looking. In cool I'm not meaning neat,,,I'm meaning bluish cool. What do I need to look at to see what was making such a difference in our pictures. I did notice when we compared side by side settings, my iso which I also set on auto, only was up to say 250, where his on the same shot read 400. I would have thought since my lens was 3.5 and his was 2.8 that that would have been reversed,,he wouldn't have needed as much light as I. Anyone have any ideas? So in short, the same camera, different lens, but basically the same settings, my cool, his warm..His certainly looked far better than mine. Oh and I just remembered too, his picture control was set on standard, mine was on vivid...Would that have done it maybe?

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What would make 2 cameras monitor look different

G