Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252822
View in linear mode

Subject: "D70 Issues" Previous topic | Next topic
mztripp Registered since 11th Jul 2013Thu 11-Jul-13 04:19 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D70 Issues"

US

I just got a second hand D70 that is a few years old. I am having issues with the camera misfiring randomly when I take pictures which causes an error screen. I was told by the local shop that it needs to be sent off to Nikon. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or if my only option is to send it off? I am also in the greater St. Louis area if anyone knows of a place that could possibly help.

Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Thu 11-Jul-13 11:33 AM
3715 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D70 Issues"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

The NikonUSA site will help you find a local repair shop or help get the camera to Nikon.
https://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-And-Support/Service-And-Repair.page

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 11-Jul-13 01:04 PM
25009 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D70 Issues"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Cassie,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Sorry to hear of your problem.

Depending on what you mean by random misfiring, and which error message you see: if there is a CHA error, try resating the memory card.
If that doesn't work, the closest Nikon Authorized Service Station to St. Louis is:
Authorized Photo Service
8125 River Drive, Suite 100
Morton Grove, IL 60053
Directions
Phone: 847-966-4091
Fax: 847-966-4101

Best Regards,
Marty

mztripp Registered since 11th Jul 2013Thu 11-Jul-13 09:18 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D70 Issues"
In response to Reply # 2

US

When I try to take a picture every fifth one or so it will double take and some times I get a CHA error and sometimes I just get ERR. Then when I try to view pictures it says image contains no data or that this memory card cannot be used.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 11-Jul-13 10:30 PM
25009 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D70 Issues"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Cassie,

In addition to what I wrote above,
Your memory card could be corrupted or might not be compatible.

The D70 was introduced almost 10 years ago and if I remember correctly is limited to a maximum of 2GB CF memory cards that are very slow compared to the current offerings. Check the approved memory card list in the D70 User Manual.

What brand, speed, and size of memory card(s) are you using?

Did you format the card in the camera before capturing the first image?

Keep in mind that formatting the card will delete all of the image files, so upload all of the images to your computer before formatting the card in the camera.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252822 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.