Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252792
View in linear mode

Subject: "To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?" Previous topic | Next topic
tamphlett Registered since 03rd Apr 2013Fri 28-Jun-13 08:33 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?"
Fri 28-Jun-13 08:33 AM by tamphlett

GB

Hi All,

I have reached the stage where a rocket blower no-longer clears all the dust from my D90, so it's time to get the swabs out!

Not wet cleaned my D90 before and there seems to be contradictory advice on using Eclipse or Eclipse 2.

What do you use on your D90? Any cautions? Any alternatives?

Thanks,

My Nikonians Gallery

Tim Amphlett
Lancs, UK

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?
greenwing Gold Member
28th Jun 2013
MEMcD Moderator
28th Jun 2013
tamphlett
28th Jun 2013
km6xz Moderator
29th Jun 2013
greenwing Gold Member
29th Jun 2013

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Fri 28-Jun-13 03:55 PM
1301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

I think E2 was withdrawn some years ago, the advice from the manufacturer being that Eclipse was suitable for the sensors for which they'd been recommending E2 after all.

Chris

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 28-Jun-13 04:15 PM
26081 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Tim,

As Chris wrote above, Eclipse 2 was withdrawn from the market several years ago.
Eclipse Optical Cleaning Fluid and Type 2 Sensor Swabs is what you need to wet clean your D90.

Best Regards,
Marty

tamphlett Registered since 03rd Apr 2013Fri 28-Jun-13 05:03 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

Thanks Guys,

I'll now get some ordered!

My Nikonians Gallery

Tim Amphlett
Lancs, UK

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 29-Jun-13 02:52 PM
3336 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?"
In response to Reply # 3

St Petersburg, RU

Or get a liter of Methyl Alcohol, anhydrous reagent grade, at a chemical supply house, would be 1/50th the cost and be identical.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Sat 29-Jun-13 08:21 PM
1301 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: To Eclipse or Eclipse 2?"
In response to Reply # 4
Sat 29-Jun-13 08:22 PM by greenwing

Yorkshire, GB

With you on the cost per ml, Stan, but I don't see that anyone will use (to clean their own sensor) a full bottle of Eclipse, never mind the litre bottle you advise. Last time I bought meths here in the UK I had to supply all sorts of personal details!

Chris

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252792 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.