nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with LCD screen

dogsownluck

Manchester, UK
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dogsownluck Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2007
Sat 08-Jun-13 07:20 PM

Hi, this is my first post and I need help to understand whether something has gone wrong with my D80. Just in the last few days it seems as if I cannot rely on what I see on my LCD screen to check if the exposure is OK. Images that seem OK on-camera look dark when I transfer the images to my PC and review them. I would say that the difference is at least 1 stop. Nothing has changed - same camera, same transfer software (Nikon Transfer), same PC and monitor and I use Nikon Capture NX2 for post-processing. I cannot link this to any event and I have looked at the camera settings and don't see anything that has changed.

The worst example I had was when I took a portrait shot of a new colleague to go on our web site. I took the picture in our meeting room against a white wall under fluorescent lights. I used my SB600 with a FL-G2-AWB filter on the flash head and set the camera's WB to fluorescent light. The images when I reviewed them on camera looked fine but when I came to process one for the web site it looked awful the white wall was blue and the shots were under exposed. Now I know that getting the WB wrong can cause this sort of colour problem but I ought to see that on the camera surely? Really this is my concern, I can make mistakes and shoot bad pictures as well as anyone but I expect to see the problem when I check the camera and not when I'm back at home working on the PC.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with LCD screen