nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Needed to post this,,,,to share my good news

pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Sat 08-Jun-13 03:45 PM | edited Sun 09-Jun-13 03:14 AM by pasknucklehead

Hi everyone,
Well, I know everyone on here has followed me all the way up the ranks, and to some of you that has been quite the challenge..with this thick skull of mine...Well, all your hard work, and mine, has paid off...

Recently, I took the plunge and entered 2 of my water drop photos into a spring show at the gallery...There were some AMAZING work and some very talented photographers that entered also. At 7:00 last night, we all gathered around the gallery as the president went up to the mike to announce the winners....I stood there looking around at all the folks dressed in pretty dresses, the guys in there suits and ties all sipping wine and felt surprisingly relaxed. As they started announcing the winners, they announced 3 for judges merits, then the 3rd place winner and then as I was clapping for them, they said and in second place, for her waterdrop entry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DARLENE PALMER!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my, everyone was clapping and I know I stood there for it seemed like a century before my little legs stopped wobbling long enough for me to walk up, shake the presidents hand and accept my SECOND PLACE AWARD....Out of 37 photographers, I was number 2.....I sooooo did not expect that,,,,,and I sure didn't sleep all night,,,my head wouldn't fit on the pillow. It was such an amazing feeling knowing that I,,,who started out barely knowing how to even turn on this d90 could have my worked placed among all these wonderful artist and to then earn 2nd place. Well I just had to get up this morning and share this with all of you. You all have helped me get where I'm at now....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart...

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Needed to post this,,,,to share my good news