Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252692
View in linear mode

Subject: "focus stacking" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Thu 16-May-13 08:54 PM
1402 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"focus stacking"

creekside, US

Anyone use this kind of program? Just wondering if it would be something that would be beneficial to my waterdrop photography...suggestions? and is it expensive?

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: focus stacking
SheriB Silver Member
16th May 2013
pasknucklehead Silver Member
17th May 2013
quenton8 Silver Member
22nd May 2013
Izzie Gold Member
22nd May 2013
pasknucklehead Silver Member
05th Jun 2013

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Thu 16-May-13 09:39 PM
1591 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: focus stacking"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Darlene...seriously..you have to branch out to the other non body specific forums!! You have so much to offer! This is probably better asked in the macro forum, or one of the pp forums.

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 17-May-13 02:45 AM
1402 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: focus stacking"
In response to Reply # 1

creekside, US

Opps, thanks Sheri, what was I thinking

Darlene

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Wed 22-May-13 12:00 AM
1211 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: focus stacking"
In response to Reply # 2

Toronto, CA

BUT!!! since you asked it here -- my best guess, not having used it, is that it won't work well with what you do, because you don't have the time to set things up -- you are shooting "as it happens" without much tie to think. Focus stacking really needs a relatively stable subject that you can take multiple photos of over a period of at least some number of seconds -- unless I mis-read what you are doing, you don't have that flexibility??

AND, I understand why you posted here -- the people here know what you are doing, other forums would not.

----
Dennis Smith.

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Wed 22-May-13 09:18 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: focus stacking"
In response to Reply # 3

Chesterfield, US

Well at least with waterdrop focus stacking, the resulting final image might end up with a sequence like photostacking ala fireworks style(?) I need to experiment with that. It is a good idea!

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Wed 05-Jun-13 02:33 AM
#5. "RE: focus stacking"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed 05-Jun-13 02:34 AM by pasknucklehead

creekside, US

Hey Dennis, you're absolutely right,,,with my waterdrops, focus stacking isn't going to even come close to working, and yes, also, people do know my work here, that's why I posted it here....but I did move over to the macro like Sheri made me...heheheeh, just kidding Sheri.!

Darlene

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252692 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.