Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252691
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mastering the Nikon D 90...WOWZA!" Previous topic | Next topic
mkbee1 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2012Wed 15-May-13 11:07 PM
637 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Mastering the Nikon D 90...WOWZA!"

West Valley, US

After spending a seemingly interminable time with the camera manual and a great Nikon tech, attempting to get my D90's CLS and my SB 600 to play well together,and finally succeeding, today I received my copy of Darrell Young's "Mastering the Nikon D90. Beautifully printed, Color illustrations!

Right there on page 299,understandably written, is the answer it took us the better part of an hour to figure out!

If this is any example of the rest of the book, I shoulda bought it before I got my D90! Definitely a step or three above the factory and 3 other manuals I have read, trying to understand my camera.
Can his other manuals be less helpful? I doubt it!

It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

meat Registered since 17th Feb 2012Sat 18-May-13 04:09 AM
138 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D 90...WOWZA!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I agree. I got the Kindle edition and I love it. Very informative.

tamphlett Registered since 03rd Apr 2013Wed 22-May-13 02:11 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Mastering the Nikon D 90...WOWZA!"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

I also have the kindle version and I think it is everything the manual should have been!

Great in that I can take it on holiday (or wherever) and it doesn't take up any more space in the case.

I also have downloaded the Nikon manuals for all my kit in PDF to my kindle, so I have a complete reference whenever I travel.

An added extra, I have found that the back of my kindle provides a good reference for manually setting white balance using PRE. (Chapter 3)!

My Nikonians Gallery

Tim Amphlett
Lancs, UK

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252691 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.