nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252674
View in linear mode

Subject: "Think Spring!" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Mon 29-Apr-13 04:24 PM
1425 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Think Spring!"

US

Hi everyone, how you all doing? I've been just getting better and better,,at least I think so.. Just thought I'd send you a little something that I worked on....Just ordered a 16x20 canvas of this hoping it will be accepted into another upcoming gallery....Tell me what you all think....Miss chatting with you, my friends...

Darlene

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Think Spring!
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
30th Apr 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit
30th Apr 2013
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
30th Apr 2013
pasknucklehead Silver Member
01st May 2013
Scotty Silver Member
02nd May 2013
03rd May 2013
10th May 2013
                    Reply message wednesday meeting results
10th May 2013
STAN__LEE Gold Member Donor Ribbon Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th May 2013
porkmunchie
31st May 2013
05th Jun 2013

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 30-Apr-13 05:38 AM
26996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Darlene,

Wonderful image.
Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,
Marty

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Tue 30-Apr-13 01:25 PM
4692 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 1

Newtown, US

Hi Darlene,
Beautiful! I've wanted to learn this technique for a long time. You have taken this to the top level!

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 30-Apr-13 05:01 PM
6232 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Very impressive, Darlene. Great composition and so well exposed.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Wed 01-May-13 02:33 AM
1425 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hey thanks everyone, I am taking it to a new gallery on the 8th of this month to see if they will accept me as a client...Wish me luck.....

Darlene

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002Thu 02-May-13 02:55 AM
4862 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 4

Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK

Great shot Darlene although personally I prefer the more abstract images you produce rather than this more contrived thing. However, it is very commercial and the gallery would be foolish not to accept it... Great work...

D2Xs + AF20-35mm f2.8 + AF35-70mm f2.8 + AF80-200mm f2.8

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Alex

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Fri 03-May-13 03:10 AM
#6. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Hey thanks Alex, we shall see Wednesday if it is commercial or not....I'm hoping they think so....We'll keep you all posted.

Darlene

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Fri 10-May-13 01:43 AM
#7. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Hi everyone,
well, I didn't succeed in making it into that gallery. She looked at my portfolio and LOVED my photos but said the type of things she had in the gallery, mine just wouldn't fit in. As I was looking around, I could see exactly what she meant... It was okay though, I wasn't disappointed...I got more from that trip than I could have imagined....After she looked at my portfolio, another very business like man was standing behind a desk and she called over to him, "You must come over and view her work, it is outstanding"...So she passed the portfolio off to him and he beckoned me to sit beside him while he flipped through the pages...He said my work was very unique, my compositions were wonderful as well as my lighting on each photograph. He said, "young lady, this is very impressive". I've seen a lot of photographs over the years, some of these surpass them.

Then the owner walked back into the room and told the man he needed to call another gallery there in the same town and asked if I could go directly over to show them my work. I sat there while he made the call and I heard him telling the lady on the phone that she indeed needed to see my portfolio....I was just sitting there beaming all over....Unfortunately, the lady on the phone had a business meeting she was just leaving for but instructed the man to give me her email address and to send me some photos.

As I was leaving, they both said don't be discouraged, it won't be long before things start happening for you. just continue doing what you're doing.

I couldn't have been more prouder of myself that day. I walked in there, professionally dressed, portfolio in hand, knees knobbing, reached out my hand and introduced myself.

Half and hour later, I walked out of there head held high, knees working good and proud of my work. As I said, even though my work not hanging there today, I got just what I needed,,CONFIDENCE...

So what do you think of that????????? pretty cool huh!!!!!

Darlene

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Fri 10-May-13 12:59 PM
#8. "wednesday meeting results"
In response to Reply # 7

US

check previous post

Darlene

STAN__LEE Gold Member Donor Ribbon Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberWed 15-May-13 01:13 AM
6703 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 7

ROSEVILLE, US

Good onya Darlene! Hang in there. stan

Stan Miller
A Roseville, CA Nikonian

porkmunchie Registered since 06th May 2013Fri 31-May-13 09:36 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Amazing story. Your work is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Wed 05-Jun-13 03:29 AM
#11. "RE: Think Spring!"
In response to Reply # 10

US

You're quite welcome,,,,I love your avatar porkmunchie!!!!!

Darlene

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252674 Previous topic | Next topic