Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Massive over-exposure after mounting bayonet for lens was replaced.

jcollins531

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jcollins531 Registered since 01st Apr 2013
Tue 02-Apr-13 01:06 AM | edited Tue 02-Apr-13 01:10 AM by jcollins531

I have a D80 that has been working pretty flawlessly for me until I dropped it and broke the mounting bayonet bracket for the lens. I replaced the mounting bracket, remounted the lens, and now I'm getting massive over-exposure on daylight shots. I have tried resetting to defaults and changed some settings back and forth with no fix. I used to use green auto setting most of the time and it worked great until the news mounting bayonet was installed. I am not a camera person and some of the acronyms used on this site are confusing. The other threads havent been helpful for this reason. Right now the camera is set to default values (held both green buttons on top down to reset to default).

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/jcollins531/media/DSC_0373_zps8e42af6c.jpg.html

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/jcollins531/media/DSC_0357_zps6eb42272.jpg.html

It worked like a charm on auto before the broken bayonet. I did buy this camera from a professional photographer so he may have had some settings that I am unaware of.

I don't know what any of the acronyms mean in camera talk so If you have any ideas please spell out the setting. Any help would be much appreciated! I am a real estate broker and my camera is very important to my business. Thanks again in advance!

Josh

Edit: The lens is a Nikon DX 18-135mm

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Massive over-exposure after mounting bayonet for le...

G