nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D-90 able to auto-detect proper exposure level?

FutureFocus

Leominster, US
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
FutureFocus Registered since 18th Feb 2013
Fri 22-Mar-13 12:57 AM

Unfortunately I'm at the stage in life where my eyes do not see the same every single day. I see better if I get more rest to some extent.

How is this relevant?

For the most part until now, I've been using live view to compose and frame shots instead of the viewfinder. The problem is I come home from a day trip and discover a lot of the shots are underexposed to a lesser or greater extent when at the time I actually took the picture the lighting, to my eyes, looked "fine" and what it should be which in reality was a false assumption.

That results in more post processing work than I'd like and also unsalvageable shots because they were just too dark.

So my question is this:

Does the D-90 have any features or parameters which can be utilized so it can auto detect more acceptable lighting levels and give me a better starting point?

Yes, the viewfinder offers assistance with the shutter depressed, however I was hoping there may be other options to explore.

My preference is slightly underexposed yielding pictures for post processing.

Any feedback and tips appreciated.

Thank you.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D-90 able to auto-detect proper exposure level?

G